Search results

1. B

HELP! RSM C-250 Skimmer Question

Sure, here's a full tank pic. Still have bits of cyano as I've been adding corals and a bit more bioload than I'd wanted since my fiancee fell in love with certain fish. Now also have a pipefish that I'm not certain will survive, but i do try some cylclop-eeze occasionally and have a healthy...
  2. B

Well to address the original issue, w the kink gone all issues of insufficient bubble production are gone. The first ~4 days it ran had it bubbling just enough to get about 1/4 cup of stinky skimmate (no WC for 2+ weeks), then its bubble production was reduced significantly. I had taken out...
  3. B

Well, this is embarrassing. Turns out the submerged part of the airhose had a kink that was blocking airflow.. now I've got bubbles galore. Time to lower the sump level a bit and see if I can get steady production.
  4. B

I wish overskimming or varying skimmate production were my issue - at least that I know how to dial down and monitor. My foam level is actually very stable - just about 2-3" too low for the cone. I wish it were like the old skimmers in this respect, bc I could just lower the cylinder height...
  5. B

Thanks for the replies. I haven't found anything particularly helpful in existing threads, I wish it was the old style where i could lower the height of the cone, bc that would solve it. By wide open I meant and should have said, the air valve is gone and the plastic air tube is taking in its...
  6. B

Hi All, I installed a new-design RSM 250 about 2 months ago after a move, so LR and livestock was transferred from a previous 55 gal acrylic tank w/ a plumbed ~20 gal operating level sump with a DSB and chaeto along with a skimmer that did its job until dieing a few months prior to the move...