Search results

1. Chase

HELP! Going kh crazy

Thinking I might move their rock mounts into the gravel bed to stay away from anything. For a while, till I decide what to do with them. The only thing left as far as inverts is a Xenia and some mushrooms. I hate to kill anything unless it becomes an issue. But I do have Clownfish and don't want...
  2. Chase

HELP! Going kh crazy

Thanks for giving me a name to look up. I know I have the Aiptasia in the tank not many but yes a few. However you are correct with the Majano anemone. that is what they are. Now to figure out if I want to keep them or eradicate them.... Not sure where they came from. I haven't added anything...
  3. Chase

HELP! Going kh crazy

Thanks for all the info everyone. Haven't been having any troubles lately. actually I lost a bubble tip anemone about a month 1/2 ago. Something must be working because since I've found two small anemones (bubble tips i assume by the shape of the tentacles) growing and doing very well. they are...
  4. Chase

HELP! Going kh crazy

No i haven't been using additives for over a month, with several water changes since i stopped. I use the API Reef Master test kit. which I purchased 8 months ago. But yes the KH reads (today) 14 dKH (German degrees) or 250.6ppm KH. per the directions, every drop of kh solution added equals 1...
  5. Chase

HELP! Going kh crazy

I've been using tap recently. But used ro water before, but it has always been high regardless of the water I used. tonight it just tested at 304.3 so it dropped 36 points in 18 hours, still way to high. But I'll give RO H2o a try again.
  6. Chase

HELP! Going kh crazy

Been battling with my tank for sometime now. I can not get kh in acceptable parameters. when I do water changes it goes up. all other tests read . temp 78.4, gravity 1.025, Po3 0, N03 0, Calcium 420 (down from 600 prior to water change), ph 8.4 and then the kh 340.1. How can this be...
  7. Chase

New to RS

Thanks I'll check into the lighting you've recommended. Prior to moving everything into this tank I had it in the 27 gal cube. I then used the Elive, pod lighting fixture. Everything was doing AWESOME under that light at max pods (20" 12 pods). Thought about maybe going back that direction. BUt...
  8. Chase

Just getting started 40B or 55G?

Check the light out here ---> http://www.aquaticlife.com/ buy it here ----> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H3Y4YLW/?tag=reefsanc-20
  9. Chase

It's an awesome light for the $$. Check it out! 3 different light settings with up to 2 hours of ramp time for each. goes from sunrise to sunset. Love it
  10. Chase

I too recently bought the 40B from them at the 1 a gal sale. got the versa hood glass top on sale for another $35. That fact that it's deeper width allowed for rock work and plenty of front room for the fish. I then purchased the EDGE led strip light. It's an awesome light with ramp timer...
  11. Chase

Reef Bugs

I am trying this product now. Actually trying a bit of an experiment. I've read many reviews from "It's Great" to "its crap, it's only yeast". So I've decided to hatch the product in my brine shrimp hatchery. I can only assume that like artemia, The yeast these organisms are packet with is for...
  12. Chase

New to RS

Thanks for the Welcome! Here's a pic.
  13. Chase

New to RS

Back in the aquarium hobby after a 10 year hiatus from fish keeping. Currently have 27 gal. cube freshwater (3 months old), and a 40 gal (breeder) reef tank 6 months old. Both are doing great! How I missed the beauty of living art. Having a slight issue with hard corals (bleaching), and also a...