Search results

1. M

How much do you love (or not love) your RSM?

OK….so I am now very close to pulling the trigger on a Reefer 250. I originally thought not having a canopy wouldn't be good but have since realized I can have a screen made to fit the top which should help keep fish in and little hands out. I just keep finding myself really drawn to the...
  2. M

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. So there is some space next to our TV that would fit it but I don't think my husband will go for that location. There are also a couple of other problems with that area - it is where our Christmas tree always goes and I honestly don't think there is...
  3. M

That's kind of what I was thinking. I feel like if it's down there I just don't get to really enjoy it. It would be different if that was a big hang out area for us, but it really isn't. We spend majority of our time on the main level. I may have a way to work it in the dining area which is...
  4. M

Sounds like good advice, thanks guys. I managed to stop in an LFS this afternoon and saw the tank(s) in person. I'm now wondering if I have a good spot that has enough space, it's somehow bigger than I was picturing! I may end up having to drop down to the 130. I'm going to do some...
  5. M

Wow, this forum is great! Thanks so much to everyone who has posted, this is all a huge help. So if I go this route, it sounds like for the chiller I will have to just see how it goes. We are heading into winter so I would imagine I will be fine for a little while and then see how things...
  6. M

Thanks to you all for such helpful responses! DaveK - this definitely makes sense. I can see this is a personal choice that will vary greatly depending on each person's situation. Thanks for summing up the pros and cons of the different tank types. Based on the responses and my personal...
  7. M

I'm thinking about getting a RSM C-250 and just looking for some up-to-date feedback about going with this tank vs something that is not an AIO. Background on me: I had an AIO nano saltwater tank (24g) several years ago. It was my first SW tank and I really loved the process of setting it up...