Search results

1. kelsyleyendecker

HELP! Help!!!!

So I changed the water in our 10 gallon and upon adding some fresh water as a top off, I was distracted and completely forgot to condition the gallon of water first and dumped 1 gallon of straight tap water into our 10 gallon tank. I realized it as soon as I poured it in. Now the clownfish is...
  2. kelsyleyendecker

What are these and where did they come from?

We bought some larger snails from Petco which the hermit crab has enjoyed for a meal instead of them helping clean.... but I noticed these little trunks sticking out of the sand a few days ago and just saw what they belong to. There's some tiny crawlers in here. How did they get here when we...
  3. kelsyleyendecker

Need to find shells...

My very large hermit crab seems to be checking the other shell for an option to move. He has moved into it a couple times, only to move back to the old one. He's about a 4 inch shell crab. I don't even know where to find bigger shells than what I have here. Any suggestions? Sent from my...
  4. kelsyleyendecker

HELP! Why did this shell change colors?

Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful! But while on vacation, this empty shell got a makeover. I'm not sure what that is but if it's bad, I'd like to take care of it asap. I just did a 50% water change. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  5. kelsyleyendecker

Oh my why is this not public knowledge?!?!?!

Homies... the day we added the Blenny to our 10 gal, our giant hermit was all over the place trying to get to him so we had to exchange him for the clownfish. Once we got the clown in there, the crabbie became very inactive. Even the kids were like maybe he's scared of the clown. So for a day or...
  6. kelsyleyendecker

HELP! Clownfish concerns? Video

I feel like our new clownfish has very weird swimming patterns. I tried looking online but couldn't find more info. He bobs a lot. Can't see it as much in this first video but it started happening a little bit more when I was turning lights off for bed so I got a second video uploading now. Can...
  7. kelsyleyendecker

Urgent Help?!?!

Some of y'all have seen that we had a very large hermit crab accidentally come home from the beach with us and in order to hopefully have him survive we cycled a tank with him in it. It's a 10 gallon tank and we wanted to add a fish now that everything has been consistent for a few weeks. We...
  8. kelsyleyendecker

HELP! New to Salt water

Hey so my husband LOVES the ocean and we came back from a beach vacation with the kids. The last night there, they all went fishing. A man there was crabbing and found a really cool conch shell in his net and gave it to my 8 year old. Well about 24 hours later and back home by then, my daughter...