Search results

1. snappa53

My 650L mixed reef

God that REALLY sucks. So sorry. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  2. snappa53

My 650L mixed reef

Sorry but I'm confused. Have you replaced the 5 you got last year? Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  3. snappa53

My 650L mixed reef

Hi Mr T. Have you got 10 Anthias now? Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  4. snappa53

My 650L mixed reef

How are your Anthias going now? Sorry if you've dealt with this topic later in the thread. Just re-reading ;-) Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  5. snappa53

HELP! Bleached Fish and Plants

Have you got any pictures of your tank and the affected fish and corals? Four months is not a long time in tank life to have 3 tangs and an angel in there.
  6. snappa53

My 650L mixed reef

Any special menu? Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
  7. snappa53

My 650L mixed reef

Any issues with them? I have seen reports of them picking on the weakest similar to Chromis until only one remains. Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
  8. snappa53

My 650L mixed reef

I'm curious about the Anthias - how many do you have and how long have you had them? Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
  9. snappa53

Max C-250 - T5 to LED Conversion

Hi Jeff and Dan and all. I converted a 650 last year and it has taken a while (2-4 months) to see the corals grow and look good. The issue was my lack of understanding about LED intensity and the great flexibility in the 4 strips of lights. The positives outweigh the negatives in my very...
  10. snappa53

Steves LEDs Review

QUOTE="StevesLEDs, post: 1310025, member: 74280"]We have a few other customers that just mounted them in the endplates. Since you have the Typhon in the works, you may just want to set them to your desired intensity level and leave them tucked in for now, that way you won't have any...
  11. snappa53

Steves LEDs Review

Hi Jeff. Just out of curiosity, where is the best place to site the 4 dimmers in a 650 conversion? The top is too thick, the sides and ends are covered by the Red Sea light framework. I'm going to put lights on maximum and use the Typhon to dim when I get the extension cord hopefully next week.
  12. snappa53

Steves LEDs Review

Thanks Pat. The 650 is very different. I'm sure someone will have done it as per instructions. I just need an interpreter!
  13. snappa53

Steves LEDs Review

. When I bought the 99% retrofit this was exactly what I thought would be how it would work for the 650. I'm going to forget the dimmers and use the Typhon for intensity control once the extension cable arrives to complete the installation!
  14. snappa53

Steves LEDs Review

650 retrofit drama continues .... The instructions say installing the dimmers is a good idea so you don't have to reprogram the Typhon for acclimating new corals. You can put them anywhere they say. Well you can't put them on the side unless you completely remove the redundant main lights on...
  15. snappa53

Steves LEDs Review

I bought a RSM 650 retrofit in August from Steves LEDs and it has turned into a bad dream - I won't say nightmare but it is close. I never wanted to be an electrician, but I'm getting a few skills here! The fact that the Typhoon extension cord is almost a critical necessity was not revealed...
  16. snappa53

Red Sea S-650 - Dave's marine adventure

At least you may only have to dismantle half of the reef Dave. I hadn't glued rocks together, but what I found was you can slowly move the perspex towards the end of the tank as you remove each bit of rock. I ended up with one rock for a Dotty Back to hide in and the equivalent of a 10 gallon...
  17. snappa53

I'm glad it worked for you Dave. Drilling the holes was a good improvement to allow you to leave them in as long as you need them in.
  18. snappa53

I agree with Nano about adding shrimp. You have to monitor ammonia and do major water changes in the hospital tank anyway. Also the sooner you get the sick fish out and treated the better. I bow to greater experience however!
  19. snappa53

I hope your fish trap works Dave. If you have to try and catch them here is a tip: a perspex sheet to divide off a section of your DT making it a small tank. I used this trick to catch a Royal Dottyback. I only had to move a third of the rocks rather than the lot!
  20. snappa53

Max C-250 - T5 to LED Conversion

I'll check it out. I change 10% a week. I normally store it in 20 litre containers and slip a heater in each overnight to get it to 25oC. By feel the pump doesn't move it from 15 to 25 by itself!