Search results

1. D

Drew's C130

Thanks David! ps: My wrasse is great, it was my blenny that died.:angelic: Surgery completed! I removed the ric into a container with a small amount of tank water and using a pocket knife carefully scraped off 3 larger bubles (~3mm) and 5 or 6 very small ones (1-2mm). I managed to get them...
  2. D

Drew's C130

Thanks for the heads up Whip! I'll get onto it today!! :coffee2:
  3. D

Drew's C130

My Ricordea eating a pellet
  4. D

Drew's C130

Your RG sounds like a real character Whip! I wish they were cheaper here, I'd definitely get one! Those are some nice wrasse choices Des! Careful using the T word!:outtahere: :roflmao:
  5. D

DeLaReef's RSM 130

Just had a chance to check out your video on something other then my phone.... wow!! thats awesome!! Well done!! :)
  6. D

Drew's C130

Yup, not only geographical but also due to our strict quarantine regulations. Also Australia in general is an expensive place to live which doesn't help.:mad: I had the blenny about 3 weeks... in that time I often watched him grazing on the algae. He seemed happy. There was no indication...
  7. D

Drew's C130

Thanks Des, looking forward to following your tank too!! Just a quick mid-week update due to demand! :yup: Picked up a Malanurus Wrasse a few days ago, a long with a Fire Goby. Not the best pic of the two. The LFS had some Royal Gramma's and after seeing Whip's I was interested, but the...
  8. D

DeLaReef's RSM 130

I've only had mine for ~48 hours... I got to the LFS not long after they had opened so I got to watch them do the morning feed of pellets, which she took readily. I had another delivery of zoa's yesterday so was in and out of the tank last night, but she cautiously came out into the light...
  9. D

DeLaReef's RSM 130

Nice one D! I got a Malanurus Wrasse this week.... she is still a little shy and stays in the shaded parts of the rock work. Wrasse are just so interesting to watch!
  10. D

David's Red Sea Max C130

Welcome David! There are a few us with 130's that have recently setup our tanks. Great to have another to follow... looking forward to your updates! :)
  11. D

Whip's "new to me" RSM 130

Awesome pics Whip!! Great new additions... your tank is filling out nicely!
  12. D

Drew's C130

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: Just found a mass of pods!
  13. D

Drew's C130

Update for the week... Skimmer has settled down nicely... found earlier in the week I was needing to open the valve slightly everyday to keep the water bubbling up into the base of the chamber. I remember reading here on RS about completely opening the valve and letting it run for a few...
  14. D

Helen's RSM130

That's awesome news Helen! I :heart: your clowns!
  15. D

Red Sea Max 130 D by Desmond

Looking good Desmond!
  16. D

Drew's C130

Cheers D! The skimmer has been running for about 3 weeks now... 2 cycling + 1 with livestock. Will let it be for now and see how it goes. I've come up with 2 theories regarding the hammers... 1) They both came from the same place and were the only 2 things I got from that place. Both...
  17. D

Helen's RSM130

:pbjtime::pbjtime::pbjtime: Awesome!! You should be ok, just feed lightly to start with. Looking forward to some photos! :)
  18. D

Drew's C130

Thanks Helen! Tigger catching some rays: Looks like he's found his spot... just down in this ledge where he can look out over the rest of the tank safely amongst the rock.
  19. D

Drew's C130

What a busy couple of days! Had a few quick chances to read some posts but unfortunately didn't have time to reply to any. Thanks for the heads up D! I'd like to add an SPS or two at some point down the track once I know what I'm doing!:coffee2: Been having a few issues that I'm trying to...
  20. D

Drew's C130

Yup yup I hear you mate, their aggression towards new tank mates doesn't win them any favours either. The main interest in them is the colour they'd bring to the tank.... Trying to get enough colour into the tank without one of them is a goal atm.