Search results

1. C

Will this size sump work for RSM 250?

Daniel, yeah I think I want to try the refugium and see what kind of an effect it has on the tank. Had one long time ago but did a terrible job with it and the chaeto basically died and the lighting wasn't on as it did work etc etc...a poor attempt the first time. Leo, thanks for the details...
  2. C

thanks for the link. ideally i would like a sump that size. never made one but maybe I should build my own to fit my specific needs. do you think the refugium is a good addition/necessary? i've never really had one on my previous tanks.
  3. C

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, it's basically to add media reactors, a better skimmer and hide any other equipment. Not looking to spend money on a whole new system. I already have a skimmer, media reactors and the sump. Just would need to get the overflow box. And honestly I like messing...
  4. C

Hi I have the older RSM 250 and thinking of doing an Lifereef overflow to a sump below. My question is my sump is 16x13x12h and was wondering if that is enough volume to have? My skimmer will need water to be at 7" depth so I'll have another 5" above that for drain water in case of power...
  5. C

LED light upgrade on RSM 250

Anyone install an led light fixture (like the ones you find on ebay 120w or 165 dimmable) directly into the canopy of an RSM250? Saw a video on youtube where someone did it with 2 AI Sol radion light fixture right into the canopy but didn't explain much or even how it ended up working out...