Search results

1. V

The miracle of life: Adam gives birth!

Wow, I had been tied up for the past week and had not checked in. I never meant to stir up controversy, I just wanted folks to watch what I considered a very cool event. We can probably all agree that new life is a miracle anyway :-)
  2. V

Thanks, it's very kind of you. I worked at a pet store for 12 years and I always tried to do my best to make sure every animal was going to a well informed home, so they would have the best chance of having a good home. I try to provide that for my pets too. I am glad your kids enjoyed it...
  3. V

I am sorry kare-bear but I won't be raising these babies. They had a prior brood Oct 29th and I am still caring for them. Seahorses, even H erectus require a huge commitment and I can't give them that right now with the juveniles that I still have. Only so much time, money and energy to go...
  4. V

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XLRHod2di8o Adam gave birth to his 2nd batch of fry today. I knew from his prior delivery that he carried them about 19 days and again it was exactly 19 days. I guess that make today Fry-day!
  5. V

How many of you use a feeding dish for your ponies?

It works out pretty good because it is in the most sheltered lowest flow area of the tank so I can leave my pumps on. I use a long feeding tube to put the mysis in the shell.
  6. V

Dawn's 86g LPS reef/Seahorse fuge system

Thanks, I will try that next time. I am afraid 'all things tech' are not my strong suit.
  7. V

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mue-rHvWa0I Here is a video of the juvies, (14 weeks)eating frozen mysis!
  8. V

How many of you use a feeding dish for your ponies?

Here is a pic of my pair, (and all their friends) eating at the feeding shell. I am hoping to control how much mysis gets wasted by using the shell.
  9. V

My 28 gallon nano cube

Watch the serpent star. They will invite the shrimp to (I mean for) dinner. Sadly I lost a number of shrimp that way.:-(
  10. V

75 tear down and 90 gallon build

Hey Mix, my last tank was a 90g. Sometimes I am sad that I downsized. I also have a 36g bowfront. I really like it, how is yours?
  11. V

Hi cracker! Thanks, the course I took was with Ocean Rider, seahorse.com. It was very comprehensive and when I finished I felt equipped and knowledgeable about seahorses. It covered in that course how to raise fry using a kreisel model as an in tank nursery, which is the method I chose. It...
  12. V

Thanks sirrealism for such kind words. You are right about there being a lot more knowledge out there now. Reading on forums was very helpful as seahorse keepers who are doing it could advise me. I lost 3-4 fry in just 1 week to just wasting away and had no idea what was wrong. A keeper with...
  13. V

Whoa baby, this skimmer is a beast! When I saw the box outside my door last night I thought, " O my, I hope it fits in my sump!" LOL I can laugh out loud because it did fit. It would be COL, (cry out loud) if it hadn't.
  14. V

I just added a major upgrade, (or at least I hope it is) to the system. I have been running 2 prizm pro protein skimmers, 1 on each tank. Back when I only had the 36g LPS tank it was pretty good for what I needed. I sorely misjudged how inadequate it would be for a seahorse tank though. My...
  15. V

PufferMikes First Big Reef

I went through your whole thread. Very cool. I love your coral selection and fish choices.
  16. V

Thanks puffermike! I did raise my clownfish from a larvae fry about 6 years ago and that experience was helpful with the seahorse fry. In both cases I think I had some beginner's luck and I may quit while I am ahead. It is very rewarding but a lot of work. I love your avatar BTW. That...
  17. V

Hey, thanks for looking. That is a lot of text but at least the pictures keeps it interesting!
  18. V

New to RS from PA

Ok, I started a thread chronicling my system. It's a synopsis with only the high points covered but it has pictures.
  19. V

They are all weaned onto frozen Hikari mysis and are down to feedings 3Xs a day. 4 of them are in a 10g nursery/QT attached to the LPS/seahorse tanks. The other 11 are in a spare 20L I had and I do a 5g daily water change on that tank plus wiping all the surfaces and bleaching their hitches...
  20. V

I had an inkling that Adam and Eve were expecting and as the days before his delivery approached it became obvious that he indeed was pregnant. I posted on a local forum that anyone wanting to try their hand at raising seahorse fry could have some for free. I got a response and originally I...