Search results

1. S

I'm new to this, so here goes!

I gotta say I'm about ready to throw in the towel. Been dosing peroxide for about a week now, seems to have little effect on the dinos. Cutting back on lighting. Used PH Buffer to raise to 8.4. I put some buffer in my new ATO (Hydor) and the system put WAY too much top off water in the system...
  2. S

DINOS! MY WORST ENEMY THUS FAR! Been fighting them for a couple months....at first I though diatoms, they'll starve out....then hair algae, tossed a bag of GFO in my sump...then bought a RO/DI system and started a GFO reactor, nd did about 4 water changes in a week....got worse.....forum hopped...
  3. S

picture of the color loss
  4. S

Thanks! Upon learning it was dynos i did run a carbon bag for awhile, I've since taken it out....debating whether or not I should run an aggressive amount of carbon AND gfo in the new reactor, changing frequently...thoughts? I did a blackout a few weeks back and while it did help decrease the...
  5. S

After a couple of months trying to fight off an 'algae' issue, I've done some research and have come to the conclusion that I have Dinos. I spent a good chunk of the afternoon yesterday blowing what I could loose with a baster and siphoning through a sock over and over again. I also ordered a...
  6. S

Another update! Made myself a pair of 1/2" overflows out of PVC, both hooked up to a pair of Tom aqua lifters just to be safe....a little unsightly but it does the job. Made a sump out of a 20 gallon, rocking a Bubble Magus Curve 5, refugium section and an Eheim Compact+ 2000. I still have...
  7. S

Newest addition....I know it's an open brain, but not sure what kind?
  8. S

veiny things on glass

anyone?
  9. S

veiny things on glass

I guess I should scrub it off? Still really wanna know what it is!
  10. S

veiny things on glass

with a little work I was able to get a good pic with my phone, I'm impressed! lol
  11. S

veiny things on glass

Hi, I just noticed 2 of these things on my glass on the side of my tank down near the sandbed, I couldn't get a clear picture of them but they almost look like the veins of a leaf.....kind of a root like line with smaller ones coming off of then, and some off of them....kinda like a root...
  12. S

Full-Tank Friday!

My new tank, not very stocked yet but it'll get there :)
  13. S

I like the look of it, and my lfs and very little stock when I went, I know it's a small reef safe friendly fish. I was gonna get 2 but I think I'm happy with the 1 they had left.....Not much of a personality compared to the clowns though, hes only been in for 5 days so maybe he'll spunk up :)
  14. S

I haven't posted an update in a little while.....got the new 180w 16000k razor on there now with a zoo, a hammer and a toadstool, 2 clowns, a benggai, and a peppermint shrimp.....loving the lights, they look beautiful!!!
  15. S

Ordered a MaxSpect 160w 16000k unit today....:)
  16. S

Got my clean up crew started! 6 Astreas and 6 Hermits (Dwarf Zebra) and a peppermint shrimp....in a couple days I want to add some nassarius snails, the store didn't have any today
  17. S

found these during cycle, what are they?

thanks guys! rearranged my rock today and found another something....looks like a starfish? Please fill me in :)
  18. S

1-Aiptasia?
  19. S

after a couple minutes of gazing I've noticed some things.....I don't know what they are, can anyone help?