Search results

1. T

ttrego's RSM 250

It has been forever since I have posted. Had a lot going on. The tank is doing great! It has come a long way! The main problem I am having is overgrowth of some items!
  2. T

ttrego's RSM 250

Well it has been a while since I have been here. With the Holidays and the businesses my wife and I have, it has been a busy time! Here are pictures from yesterday. Things are looking well. I have lost a few things and gained a few. I guess that's the way it is for the first 6 months or so....
  3. T

ttrego's RSM 250

Here are the latest pictures.... [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] Above...This is a new one, Birds of Paradise [/URL][/IMG] The Birds Nest and Chili Pepper above have both doubled in size [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] The guy above is growing by leaps and bounds also...
  4. T

ttrego's RSM 250

Tested this morning and everything was great. Need to raise alkalinity a bit. I cant believe how much everything is growing! My torch had 3 head when I bought it, now it has 5, the Duncan has gone from 3 to 6 heads. The hard corals are growing by leaps and bounds also! I will take pics and post...
  5. T

November 2014 TOTM!

Congrats! Awesome Tank!!!!
  6. T

HIGH and LOW Nutrient tanks definition....or...What is a LOW and HIGH Nutrient tank ?

Re: HIGH and LOW Nutrient tanks definition....or...What is a LOW and HIGH Nutrient ta Great info guys!
  7. T

ttrego's RSM 250

Thanks for the input guys!
  8. T

ttrego's RSM 250

OK, two weeks now with RO/DI water. Absolutely no change in Phosphate. Still reads 0.08. That is the lowest I ever see it. I think maybe I have a bad test kit. I will order another the next time I need to get anything. Other than that, everything is going well. I will post more pics soon!
  9. T

ttrego's RSM 250

I did my weekly testing yesterday and things looked great, with the exception of Phosphates. They were, as always, 0.08. I have never seen them lower than that. I am beginning to wonder if my test kit is faulty. I have rid the tank of Red Cyano without using chemicals. I have no other algae than...
  10. T

ttrego's RSM 250

Playing with the camera today, here are some coral pics I took. Can anyone tell me what the first one is? It just started growing on the rock. The biggest patch there is about 3/4 of an inch round and growing. [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG]
  11. T

Roy's Red Sea Max C-250

I am running at about 40% in short pulse mode. I did have to move my elegance down to the other end of the tank as the draw from the bottom of the tank was pulling him too much in one direction. He is now the largest and happiest (crazy we think in those terms with corals) that he has ever been...
  12. T

ttrego's RSM 250

OK,the blackout is over. So far so good! I saw no Cyano last night, nor today. I did loose a digitate acropora through what I will call "The Urchin Incident". Everything else looks good. All parameters are inline. I am posting pictures from today. I am seeing a good amount of growth on some of...
  13. T

Adrienne's Red Sea Max C-250

Corals look great!
  14. T

ttrego's RSM 250

I actually changed to the MP40 before I had it shipped. Right now, I have 1 outlet aimed upwards a little and 1 aimed downward a little. Both of them towards the middle. I have noticed that the downward one is interfering a little with the flow from the MP40 so I might aim it a little upwards...
  15. T

ttrego's RSM 250

I started the blackout period last night. I will turn the lights back on for Friday and see if it did the job. If not, I am going to use Boyd's ChemiClean. I will post how things turn out.
  16. T

Roy's Red Sea Max C-250

For LPS it can be too strong, hard to get too strong for SPS, but I think you could easily run the MP40 at a third of the way up. If you look on Vortech's site they have a 'what flow is right for my tank' app of sorts. Showed that the flow should be 1400 gph for LPS and 2300 gph for SPS with a...
  17. T

Roy's Red Sea Max C-250

That sounds exactly like mine Roy. I am sure it is Cyano since it comes back with the light. Mine looked better yesterday, but who knows. I am installing a MP40 this evening and then starting tomorrow I am doing a 3 day blackout. That is supposed to help a lot in ridding cyano. Mine started...
  18. T

Roy's Red Sea Max C-250

How is your Cyano problem coming Roy? I am fighting the same right now. Started after I lost an urchin. The tank got quite messy (cloudy) after that, after it cleared the cyano started. I have done a 30% water change and a 20% water change. I am installing a MP40 Vortech on Tuesday and then...
  19. T

ttrego's RSM 250

Well the last week has been interesting. I had added a few small frags to the tank along with a nice Blue Acropora and an urchin. For whatever reason the urchin didn't make it. I came home from work and noticed the water was a little cloudier than normal (with everything within tolerance on the...
  20. T

Apex Fusion RSM 250

Awesome!