Search results

1. shale

catfish playing with bubbles?

My roommate has a small freshwater tank that currently only has one fish in it, a big fat old catfish. Today I noticed that he was hanging vertically against the side of the tank, right below the filter. He's not actually playing with the bubbles, but he chilled out in that spot, as opposed to...
  2. shale

OT: jack-o-lantern

:D Look what I made! I carved it out of a rutabaga. Which is essentially just a large turnip, right? And turnips are traditional. In that medieval Ireland kind of way.... -giggles-
  3. shale

hitcher in the clove polyps?

I've had this small brown creature living in my clove polyps for a little while. I finally was able to get a good picture to post after moving the polyps to the other side of the tank. This animal looks like it could be another species of coral, perhaps? It looks like it has a root system...
  4. shale

Anselth's 50-gallon

I’ve been tank-sitting since January and have become quite attached to the all the inhabitants. Losses, additions, drama….. we’ve had it all and I have stories Adam keeps telling me I should post  So I’m finally going to start keeping the tank journal. Currently in the tank is Caesar, a...
  5. shale

Hitchkiker on pagoda coral

I noticed this last night on the underside of the cup of my pagoda coral. It looks like a small bivalve of some kind. What am I dealing with, will it harm my coral, and how do I get rid of it without damaging the pagoda? Thanks so much!
  6. shale

Tank Sitting

My tank is actually Anselth's 50 gallon reef tank. I was handed guardianship of it and all the occupants in January and have been learning on the job ever since. Luckily for me, Adam's still reachable by email and instant messenger to answer all my questions and try and calm my panics when...