Search results

1. J

2 dead tangs

No I'm unhappy because I'm being told my tanks to small and my water quality isn't good enough I have the recommended 6' tank that so many people swear you need and what's the point of test kits then if the results don't mean anything apparently? I think I know my tank and my fish better than...
  2. J

2 dead tangs

So if my "lack" of filtration is what killed my fish why were there big wounds on my fish? I'm also not sure why I'm being told my tank couldn't handle the bio load when my ammonia and nitrite have been at zero since I first cycled the tank and my nitrates rarely came above 20ppm. So far all...
  3. J

2 dead tangs

I'm not looking for filtration advice or to be told that my fish are "expert only" or "ich magnets" I've read about all these fish before I bought them. I'm looking for some that can look at the picture above and tell me what could have caused that that's it.
  4. J

2 dead tangs

Alright well I'm aware of the tank sizes these fish need I'm not looking to get lectured about what size tank they need and how many can put in one tank. There has never been any aggression between any of them they hardly even notice each other. My canister filter is a fluval fx5 I'm not worried...
  5. J

2 dead tangs

The dead fish are probably the reason for the nitrates. I did a 50% water change this morning. Nope no inverts just fish.
  6. J

2 dead tangs

It's a 6'x2.5'x18" 170 gallon I have around 150lbs of live rock I have 2 clownfish, 1 yellow tang, blonde naso tang, 1 cardinal fish, 1 fire fish, and 4 blue/green chromis. I had the Achilles for around 2.5-3 mounths and the hippo for around 3 weeks. The Achilles was around 4.5" and the hippo...
  7. J

2 dead tangs

"http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/mauler_/embed/Mobile%20Uploads/story"
  8. J

2 dead tangs

I came home to find my Achilles and hippo tang dead can anyone identify what may have killed them.
  9. J

hippo tang with ich

I haven't seen them in a few days and there's not much scratching she's breathing normal and eating like a pig I have two UV sterilizers going now too to try and keep the ich population down.
  10. J

hippo tang with ich

That's true but there are signs and symptoms to ich that I'm looking for and right now my fish seem strong enough to kick it them selves I'm also going to look into the hydrogen peroxide method suggested by wolfman and if I have I'll just hypo the tank.
  11. J

hippo tang with ich

Wolfman I'm very interested in HP cure if you don't mind sharing is love hear about it. And if I were to just wait it out the 11 months I would step in with either hypo or copper if the fish don't look like they'll make. I'm trying to do as much research as I can before I start messing with tank...
  12. J

hippo tang with ich

It's in one of the links you referred me to marine ich myths and facts. Here's the part I was talking about. "14. INTERESTING FIND: If no new MI is introduce into an infected aquarium, the MI already there continues to cycle through multiple generations until about 10 to 11 months when the MI...
  13. J

hippo tang with ich

I just read one of leebca's ich posts and he said if you don't introduce new life to tank for 11 months the icy will go away on it's own is true has anyone tried this?
  14. J

hippo tang with ich

By start over do you mean recycle? But what if I take out most of the rock and add it back after the hypo would it prevent it from having to cycle again or just a mini cycle? I have nothing but fish, rocks and sand in my tank so I'm not worried about the hypo killing anything but beneficial bacteria
  15. J

hippo tang with ich

I can't really get a QT tank anytime soon since it would have to cycle and I would need a pretty big QT tank for my fish with filters and such for it it would be like starting up a whole new tank and I don't have the money or the space for such a tank and the only live things in my tank are my...
  16. J

hippo tang with ich

I'm going to start hypo this weekend I'm waiting for my refractor to come in. I just want to know since I don't have a tank big enough to house all my fish for 2 months without the water going bad every day or someone finally snapping and killing his neighbors is it safe to do hypo in the DT...
  17. J

clownfish pairs

It's cycled it's probably been up for about 4 months 3 with fish it looks like that cause my powerhead suctioncup fell off so I woke up and it was pointing down.
  18. J

clownfish pairs

I think I figured it out. http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/mauler_/slideshow/clownfish
  19. J

clownfish pairs

How do you post pics?
  20. J

whats my bioload?

Also how do you post pics?