Search results

1. M

Refuge

that should be easy, I think red sea sells a kit to do this. http://www.redseafish.com/aquarium-systems/max-aquarium-systems/max-e-series/
  2. M

Water Changes

this guy have been using the Triton system for some time now take a look
  3. M

Water Changes

I used to think the same thing, but I have a friend who is actually using this system and is having great success for the last 1 1/2 years lmao I would say the same thing to him nothing is better than water changes and dosing but he is proving me wrong with each passing day. I'm thinking of...
  4. M

Water Changes

or you can do the triton method no water changes read here http://www.triton-lab.de/en/about-triton-lab/overview/
  5. M

Quarantine Tanks

if you find a good place to buy your fish you will be ok, in my experience some fish even if you Quarantine they will get ick when you put them in the DT powder anything for example. like everything in this hobby this is highly debatable some people have success with and some with out.
  6. M

New RedSea 650 and new to saltwater advice please

wow that's a big tank to start with :) just take your time when stocking it
  7. M

Auto Dosers

lmao people think just because you have a dosing pump you don't need to check your water parameters. even with a dosing pump you still need to do weekly checks of at least ALK because in my reefing time that is the most important (ALK Kills) the one thing a dosing pump does for you is free you...
  8. M

Red Sea Live Subtrates

I use the Fiji pink live sand from caribsea its white with little pink in it but mostly its white
  9. M

Moving a Red Sea Max 250

Ok it's not that hard if you just need to move it across the room. I moved my RSM250 I took no livestock out or rock/sand, it took me and my son a couple hr. and that time was draining and refilling the tank.you will need a couple of thing a 44 gallon brute trash can a siphon, a pump and some...
  10. M

Moving a Red Sea Max 250

I just did this a couple of days ago how far do you need to go with the tank?
  11. M

Replacement parts

try here they sell red sea parts https://www.aquariumpart.com/
  12. M

Hair Algae?

I agree. all in one tank OK maybe for basic stuff softies fish only but in order to progress with the hobby thing will be needed to be added like sump/reactor dosing pumps it's just the way of the hobby. So your first tank all in one to learn with OK, but as you progress you will need things...
  13. M

Can someone with the C-250 help me out please? :)

Some guys are using the Tunez doc 9004 skimmer in the c250 and they say it's working for them do a search
  14. M

Hair Algae?

I have done both 2 CPE and 1 purigen worked ok 1 chemipure-blue not as good but did work. nothing worked better for me than BRS ROX 0.8 carbon and high capacity GFO in a reactor. cleared my hair algae outbreak in a week now that's all I use, I change it every 2 weeks like clock work
  15. M

Overkill on Flow?

lmao I added 2 MP10s to my RSM250:pillowfight:if you have softies, LPS or fish only the flow is perfect. if you keep SPS (acro or Mille) you will need to add a little more flow. so flow depends on what you want to keep
  16. M

C 250 - Possible to use the accessory pipe unit (for a chiller) with a canister filter?

if you going to add a closed looped system like a canister filter . you will be better off with a GFO/Carbon reactor you could put the Chemi-pure and Purigen in the reactor that would work but get expensive.
  17. M

C 250 - Possible to use the accessory pipe unit (for a chiller) with a canister filter?

add a Carbon/GFO reactor this would be best for your reef tank
  18. M

PH question

I need an apex:-)
  19. M

Green star polyp just not doing that good

I had a problem with a gsp before and it was because I had to much flow. Just something else to check for
  20. M

ScoubaSteve's RSM250

You can Red Sea parts here https://www.aquariumpart.com And welcome