Search results

1. Snid

Hello - I'm new

Welcome Aboard, Matey! :)
  2. Snid

cleaner shrimp dead

Heh... we were posting the same thing at the same time Nano... ;)
  3. Snid

cleaner shrimp dead

Not likely... And are you certain it is dead and not a molt? If you aren't aware, they will molt and shed their entire exoskeleton, including the antennae. He may be lurking behind a rock. ;)
  4. Snid

Testing....

Weeee!!!
  5. Snid

Copepods how to tell how many I have?!

If it's on the glass, you can get a cheap magnifying glass/loop and get a better look to see if the white spots actually are Pods. Depending on how good your eyesight is, white spots could be many things... Pods, bubbles, Snail eggs, Tube Worms, Flat Worms, flecks of sand, etc... Sometimes...
  6. Snid

Snid's 55 Gallon Chunk O' Ocean Reef

Wish my work would pay for me and my wife to go to the Bahamas!
  7. Snid

Big problem with Salinity

Whoa... I'd be very cautious with Distilled Water! Many of the places making Distilled Water are using copper pipes for the distilling process, which introduces trace amounts of copper into the water. As we know, copper is not a good friend to have in a reef system. Even if it is a very...
  8. Snid

need some ideas for my 10 gallon

Feel the love! :)
  9. Snid

Snid's 55 Gallon Chunk O' Ocean Reef

Anyone seen me around? Ahoy, Maties! Just letting you know that I'm still alive and so is all of my crew! I've just been busy with life. I work full-time in an Art Department at a University, and have decided to further my education by taking on a Math class as well. Then, just a couple...
  10. Snid

hitchhikers on my live rock need an ID

I'm no Anemone expert, but the first thing that popped into my mind was Majano maybe?
  11. Snid

To DO or not to DO a mixed tank, That ! Is the question .

There's an old saying... If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. ;)
  12. Snid

Advice required - 1st cycle

P.S. Because those things work to remove excess Ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates, you might not ever see a cycle now because they may have removed the excess that would have been tested. I'd guess that if you never see a spike by about week 3 or 4, then it is probably safe to go. In the mean time...
  13. Snid

Skimmer off and remove the Blue Life Clear FX Pro for the time being. Those two things are fighting a cycle from happening by removing/neutralizing the food source that the bacteria needs to feed on to grow and seed your tank more. ;)
  14. Snid

Live rock dry rock debate

I went with Live Rock and I'm glad I did. You mention your main concern is hitchhikers, but the truth is, those can come in many different ways; New Corals, New Plants, even New Snails! I didn't have any Aiptasia until after I added some Livestock, and then it showed up. It may have been...
  15. Snid

hitchhikers on my live rock need an ID

Hmm... That's a toughy. I just spent a good amount of time hunting, because I'm a goof and I like to research for hitchhikers. ;) Anyways, the closest match I've found is the ever loved Blue-Spotted Jawfish, but the markings and eyes don't seem to match exactly... Too many elongated spots...
  16. Snid

Live rock turning bright red!!

If it's hard it is very likely Coralline Algae. I have a similar red Coralline Algae in my tank. ;)
  17. Snid

What else have you added to the tank beyond cured Live Rock? Live Sand? Deli Shrimp? Pure Ammonia? Some form of Bacteria Booster?
  18. Snid

two beauties (well in my opinion that is!)

I think you're right about the Squat Lobster, though I couldn't find the exact species either. As for the Mantis, my guess is a Chorisquilla excavata, but it's hard to tell. Can't even tell if yours is a smasher or a piercer. Here's a good link for further information... Roy's List of...
  19. Snid

What crab?

Just look at those evil eyes... Lock the door when you sleep at night. ;)
  20. Snid

New Fish joining the Forum

Welcome Aboard, Matey! :)