Search results

1. D

strange things happening in my 90 gallon!

Hey RS. Ive noticed lately as I sometimes watch my tank for hours that what seem to be like a puff of smoke suddenly explodes from the rocks. All of my fish are visible when this happens so I know its not them. Does anyone know what this may be? :alien::alien: Thanks, Duckster
  2. D

Power outage!

Thanks for all the great advice.
  3. D

Power outage!

Hey guys. I was wondering what folks are using as a backup power source in case of a power outage. I don't have a built in home generator. Any suggestions. Thanks, RS ROCKS!!:hug1::clink:
  4. D

Duckster's 90 Gallon Reef

Hello RS, i have a lot of micro-bubbles. What's the cause and how do i get rid of them... Thanks, RS ROCK!!:hug1:
  5. D

April's TOTM!

Congrats diana. Great job
  6. D

Uv sterilizer and protein skimmer

Hey Guys I finally have my tank up and running. I'm now looking to add my protein skimmer and UV sterilizer. there are so many on the market I'm not sure which way to do....is there any advice on some that will do the job for my 90 gal.... Thanks; RS ROCKS!:turntable:dryer::apint:
  7. D

Can someone advise me onhow to post pictures of my tank....
  8. D

Thanks Greg, do you suggest a 25% change or more....
  9. D

THANKS FOR THE INFO. No lights ye we had a major storm which has delayed them being delivered. I was advised not to run lights during the cycling because it could possibly create an outbreak of algae. Regarding the nitrate reading of 0 i was absolutely mistaken. After creating a mystery as to...
  10. D

No
  11. D

Im running a eshopps wd 100cs
  12. D

I have had to add water regularly due to evaporation. Could that affect how quickly my nitrate levels reached 0
  13. D

They were extremly high but decreased rapidly.
  14. D

Hey RS. My tank has finally completely cycled. (I THINK) My ammonia reached 0 two weeks ago. My nitrites hit 0 a week ago. And my nitrates have now reached 0..:jumprope: can I now add my CUC or do I need to do a water change first.. Also, if I could get some advice on what my CUC should consist...
  15. D

So after my nitrites reach 0 and my nitrates are low i should do a 25% water change? What type of CUC would you suggest and approximately how many of each?
  16. D

Thanks for all the great advice on cycling my tank. This hobby is definitely not for the impatient.:banghead: I've learned so much from you all in such a short amount of time. However, I have tons more to learn so I will definitely continue seeking advice along the...
  17. D

Hey RS, just an update on my cycling process. My ammonia has finally reached 0 and my nitrites are beginning to drop as well. I'm getting excited about the possibility of being able to add something that moves to the tank soon. Looking at rock and sand is getting extremely boring.:bluesbros:
  18. D

Led lights!

Thanks for the info. I would love to see some pics. Thanks again. ?.
  19. D

Led lights!

Hey guys, I've been leaning towards the Al Hydra Fifty Two's. Has anyone had any experience with these (good or bad)? If so I would love to hear about it...:hug1:
  20. D

Led lights!

Hey Konger, thanks for the advice.