Search results

1. K

live rock

Ok...I now understand that what I did was a big mistake...guess I'll have someone hold my fish, til I can get more rock and cycle it. Learn from mistakes...I think I am going to go to another reef dealer. The other one is going under new management. I will make sure to ask a lot more questions...
  2. K

live rock

oh. so how will they become live again, if they're dead?
  3. K

live rock

I'm not sure if I'm in the right discussion area... My question is, I have taken my live rock out and set them into RO water for a short time to clean the tank. I did gently clean off some of the red algae on them. The morning after, I noticed that it looks like white web like stuff on a couple...
  4. K

1 way to post pics from photobucket (nanoreefing4fun)

The anemone has since moved to the back of the same rock. The coloring is gradually getting to a darker tan.
  5. K

The anemone has since moved to the back of the same rock. The coloring is gradually getting to a darker tan.
  6. K

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/ltlindian72/media/DSCN0886_zpsce6000e4.jpg.html][IMG]
  7. K

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/ltlindian72/media/DSCN0886_zpsce6000e4.jpg.html][IMG]
  8. K

Haitian Anemone

Thanks for the great info. And you're forgiven Mike J. :) Umm. I will take all this into advisement. We are thinking of going to 2 tanks, so down the line we can thin out what's in the current tank. Hopefully by then the fish will still be doing good.
  9. K

Haitian Anemone

Thanks everyone for the input. I do plan on sticking around this forum. I've been on others without responses. I will do what I can with what I have. Hopefully the tank will last a while. I will check in, soon probably, for more info. The name on the light bar is Fluval. It's the mid sized...
  10. K

Haitian Anemone

I assume by Mike Johnson's reaction, the LED light bar is wrong for the anemone, I need sand substrate instead and too many fish? We go to an owner of a store that is an expert in saltwater. He never said that I had too many fish. The sand substrate was mentioned. What type of lighting do you...
  11. K

Haitian Anemone

I have since been reading up on this anemone....I now feel my boyfrien made too hasty of a choice. Though it is a pretty creature. I checked with the people I got it from, it isn't guaranteed. In other words they won't take it back. Only fresh water. So if it dies I guess I will have learned my...
  12. K

Haitian Anemone

I have a Haitian Pink Tip Anemone. I woke up this morning to find the anemone inside itself. I waited a while to see if it would come out...it barely moved. It was crowded under some live rocks. I moved the seemingly sickly anemone to the center of my tank, where there is abundant light. It...
  13. K

noob

Hi all, I am new to forums, though I have signed to a couple others. I hope this will be helpful to me and my saltwater tank.