Search results

1. B

Its been awhile and lot has changed

Hello everyone its been awhile since I have posted any updates pics and so forth on here as with every one else life happens then you figure it out and it happens again. Well since we have last spoken our DSA110Pro finally came in 2 months late but hey better late than never. Our 29Biocube is...
  2. B

Live rock or Reef saver or Dry rock and why

We ordered our new tank last week and it will not be in till the middle of june so now we are preparing for it. Reinforcing the floor and buying needed pumps heaters lights sand protein skimmer and the such but are holding out on purchasing the rock till the last minute as I/we are not sure...
  3. B

what were we thinking

So as you may or not know we have a 29 Bio Cube which we love. That is posted in nano under the heading "one stop at the local fish store", Any ways I decided that why not star a smaller tank for the bedroom ? So here we go
  4. B

light bulbs or fixture replacement ?

We got home last night from playing cards and our refugium lights were out . So after trying with out the timer and trying a dif outlet still no luck so I pulled one side off of the fixture (away from the tank) safety first !! I started to twist the bulb to remove it and one end of one of the...
  5. B

one stop at LFS now look what happend

So the wife and I wanted to get the granddaughter a fish tank. Now We have a new hobby/lifestyle and a coralife biocube29 This is day 5 I believe with moon lights on. We started this tank on 21Jan2014 with 21lbs cured live rock,20 lbs of carib sea agri sand black, and Nutrisea sea water which...
  6. B

how can I lower temp in tank carefully ?

we have just started our new biocube29 21JAN and have done our first water test on 25Jan2014 We brought our sample to our LFS and our water test was excellent Ammonia 0 nitrate 0 nitrite 7 salinity1.02 PH 8.2 so we added our clean up crew which are very active and doing great as far as I...
  7. B

the beginging of time

Not really but what better way to start off by saying that I/we my wife and I Shortie are very new to Salt water Aquariums/ Nano tanks. We have just purchased a used Biocube 29 with a bunch of equipment IE heater, NEW Lights plus LEDs also uv lighting along with refugium lighting, protein...