Search results

1. S

Beananimal questions

anyone? really looking to drill this within the next few days and I wanna make sure I don't make any mistakes
  2. S

Beananimal questions

From the wonderful advice I have received on this forum, I have decided to go ahead and drill my tank for the overflow and was looking at the beananimal design. Before I go ahead and start the drilling, I want to make sure I am drilling the right size, amount, and placement holes. So for my 40...
  3. S

Flow questions

Ok, so I have slowly been buying components to build my first reef tank and am stuck on exactly what specific overflow/powerheads/pumps I need. So far I have: -40 gallon breeder [approx. 36"x18"x17"] -20 gallon long tank for a sump -36" Current USA Nova Extreme T5 HO[4x39 watt] lights...
  4. S

Need advice on lighting

Thanks! I'm still looking for an in-sump protein skimmer [found a guy on craigslist willing to give me his, but he flaked on me], a RO/DI system, an overflow box, powerheads, a heater, and then everything needed to test my water parameters.
  5. S

Need advice on lighting

Thank you all for the advice and warm welcomes! I went ahead and bought these lights yesterday, I couldn't pass up such a good deal. I will start a new tank thread once I get more stuff together. It may take me a while as I am trying to buy one thing at a time as I can afford it. Just have...
  6. S

Need advice on lighting

Hey everyone, I'm new to all of this. I've wanted a saltwater tank for a while now but was always discouraged by the price. I've finally decided to start a tank by buying one component at a time and working my way to a fully functional tank. So far I have bought a 40 gallon breeder tank and...