Search results

1. D

Are my LED lights t powerful or not???

Well to me it seems you have your own answers lol. Just the fact you need a phos spunge is just about slapping you in the face. stop dumping what ever it is in your tank. if you use r/o water your problem is with something you are adding. And in most cases its feeding or bottles of reef junk...
  2. D

Auto Top off Container???

Thanks for the link! Yes the 15 gal is perf.
  3. D

Basics of Lighting for Reef Systems

Hi just ordered 3 of these, Have seen many reviews and not any bad ones. I hope i did the right thing lol. http://www.oceanrevivellc.com/goods.php?id=18
  4. D

Keep an eye out for Dirk's equipment!

they use these sticks to point out corals in a tanks so you dont keep putting your greasey hands in there all day poiting out corals and they glow from the lighting most of us use 420nm ect. hope this helps There just a pointer.
  5. D

Playing hide n' seek with a cuttlefish sucks!

Thats too funny. love the plug your nose part at the end.
  6. D

For the Red Sea Max Peeps...

I would think putting leds in the max tanks would be like saying all these red sea t5 hoods are not as good as led. They dont want there t5 hoods to be thought of as old tech, and thats what they are. I think anyone willing to drop $5.500 on a all in one tank. Will prolly end up BUY A NEW CORAL...
  7. D

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Sir you have a gift! Thank you so much for sharring it with us. This living art. You have made my day. I havebeen real sick for thelast 4 to 5 years had to shut mine down and fight cancer,It hurt me to do it but I had to. But I'm back and my125 gallon small tank lol is going back to a reef...
  8. D

Paly's look dull

If that is the red sea all in one tank your talking about ? I highly doubt there are bleached out, I do not think the T5 lighting could do that. maybe if you were talking 3watt cree leds yes that would be the case. I/m going to go the other way . And didnt you say they lost there glow under...
  9. D

possible Dinoflagellates?

Here is what that link brings up. Uh oh! This page does not seem to exist…
  10. D

possible Dinoflagellates?

Hi are you sure your phos test at 0? when I had this mine went up. All I did was get one of the them 12"x12" brown to redish Phosphate remover pads they sell them under red slime or hair algae control.(even though it is not hair algae) I placed on the top tray of my trickle filter and shortened...
  11. D

Miracle mud!!

Its like most things in the hobby the Miracle will be trying to keep your money in your pocket lol. 95% of the stuff you squirt from a bottle is water lol, most of the things you need come from regular water changes. the mud is just what the name implies its mud. and its not cheap mud. It wont...
  12. D

First Saltwater Tank- 30 Gallons

Hi all the first thing you should do is some reading. There is alot just on the web, If you dont want to read you tube is your friend lol. the filters you have are more for fresh water but they can be used. I dont use any filters on my tank just a skimmer and a sump with live rock and some...
  13. D

Aiptasia in fuge

Hi, aiptasia are not your friends lol. Did you know that even if you mash them every little pice can turn into a new one.And yes they can send spores outto the main tank. The best stuff that I have found that works is aiptasia gone or sometimes called no aiptasia, it comes with a needle 2 of...
  14. D

What is this...some kind of worm???

Here is what I use to get rid of them. And yes that is a bristel worm not a good thing by far lol. These work great. pet solutions online has them, there called (worm trap). sorry wont let me post a link yet because I'm new
  15. D

Does anybody use orhave info on these leds Arctic-S026 LED Aquarium Light

Thanks for the replies. The 125 is not a deep or tall tank so I should be ok there, Ithink a may still go with 4 though 1 can goabove my sump, Its going to bea 55gallon with the center 36" being for algae the light should beplenty for that, then on one side I will buils to hold some socks,with...
  16. D

Does anybody use orhave info on these leds Arctic-S026 LED Aquarium Light

Hi I'm new to the forum, not the hobby lol. Ok I have been away from the saltwater side for about 4 years fighting terminal cancer the chemo kiked my butt and just could not keep up water changes and such. Ihad stage 4 colon cancer, they removed halfmy colonand gave me 6months chemo. Well a...
  17. D

Hi all.

They call me dad. Can not wait to meet you all. I'm about to change over my 125 flowerhorn tank to a reef. This will be slow going because I will be doing it on a disability check lol. All I need is lighting and a sump. Have the rest already. Thinking about using a 55 for the sump. Will...