Search results

1. dacianb

HELP! RS Reefer 350 - what is best power I need from LEDs

From your experience, what is enough power from LED lights on a RS Reefer 350 for SPS/clams level. I am a DIY person, I can make the lights I need, but it is easy to go on too much power with LEDs. I dont have a PAR meter, so I have to rely on creatures reactions to light to see if is too much...
  2. dacianb

Great LED color calculator

By accident I ended up finding the following spectral / color calculator very useful for all LED lighting users. Looks a bit complicated and most probably offering way more details than what an average hobbyist needs, but reading out the manual I was able to generate detailed spectrum of my...
  3. dacianb

HELP! Beginner with corals+Red Sea Reef Foundation Program= confusion

Even if I am not quite a newby in SW, soon I upgraded my system to a much better/larger one and I am planning to add various corals into it. Last 2 years I kept LPS and zoas in badly maintained, poor parameters and technique tank - they didnt grow, but also didnt died either. This time I am...
  4. dacianb

RedSea Reefer 350 - and so it begins

Saturday I ordered my RedSea Reefer 350 white and hope that this thread to be the log of my tank from the beginning. It is my first RedSea tank, but since long I waited to enter the RedSea Club owners :) Delivery term - 4-6 weeks, so I will receive it at the end of June or mid Jully. Shipping...
  5. dacianb

Another LED DIY project... questions to ask, details to show

So I decided to start designing my own LED fixture. No, I am not crazy – I am a professional led lighting designer since more than 15 years and I designed lights for most advanced industries from advanced microscopy to defense and aerospace… everything with LEDs, of course. I will try to...
  6. dacianb

DIY LED light

Hello everybody, more than a year ago I switched my FW Juwel tank to SW as a “let’s try sw” but slowly I became addicted to this hobby. Recently I saw a RSM 250 tank working and I was impressed. So I added an RSM250 on my Bucket list and hope to buy it sooner or later. But, in the meantime I...