Search results

1. A

Am I Paranoid (Ich Related)

Hello All, ok, so Im 4 Years into the hobby, and I have gone through 2 separate Ich Outbreaks, and lost a few of my beloved friends along the way.. After the first outbreak, I was anal about quarantine, and even after, still ended up with another round of Ich, after adding an emporor angel last...
  2. A

Left Seaweed in Water, Now its too Cloudy

Quick question, so I have a couple of new additions to my Quarentine tank, and yesterday I decided to leave a strip of Nori Seaweed in the tank before I left for work, as I knew I would have a long day..Silly me, thinking that since in my main tank the seaweed last about a minute, that they...
  3. A

3rd Case of Ich in less than two years. Ready to give up!!!

Ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O.K. so now that I let that out. I am so Pissed...Last year Febuary, I added a powder blue tang to my 75 Gal Tank. Unfortunatly he brought ich into the tank...
  4. A

Can it still be ich, or just scars

First off I have bumped my previous post regarding my ich situation titled "Help, I have full blown Ich" for previous referance. Now I have what I believe to be a new problem... O.K. so you guys and gals have helped me greatly in my bout with ich... Heres the issue. After successfully...
  5. A

New Creatures in my tank

O.K. So I am currently treating my tank for ick, Its has been running fallow for 7 weeks now, and I have a huge copepod infestation in the tank now, but I know thats not a bad thing... But I have noticed little Millipede looking things hanging on the live rock. They are very tiny, but my...
  6. A

Help, I have full blown ich

O.K., So as in my previous post, I bought a powder blue tang, and he had ich after two days, The situation has now turned for the worse, and now I have a full blown tank full of ich... I bought Kick Ich, and used the first dose yesterday, to the dismay of many, but my problem is I will be on...
  7. A

Possible Ich????

O.K. so I made the typical mistake that alot of us do, and fell victim to finally spotting what you think is the perfect fish. So I had my eye on a powder blue tang from my lfs. I monitered him for at least three weeks. Extra healthy, large, and eating well. So after a few negotitions on price...
  8. A

Help!!!! Puffer And Clown Not eating

Well my fellow Reefers... I have tried everything, but at this point I think I may lose my Puffer and My Clown fish... Basically heres the scoop.. I went on vacation from July 17-23rd.... I left someone in charge of all feedings during this time.. I actually left food to be put in the tank...
  9. A

Back from vacation, Fish wont eat

O.K. So I just got back from a vacation to find that both my Pufferfish and my Snowflake eel... Are not receptive to food... Normally they are the most aggressive fish in the tank as soon as krill hits the water. But now nothing. The eel is eating, but only scraps off the floor, not aggressively...
  10. A

Power failure backup question??

Besides a generator, which Is not possible for me, what do you guys recomend as far as backups for power failure. I have been doing a little research, and so far I am looking at the Azoo battery backup pump for air. And mabey a UPS unit for the power head. So far I have been reading that mabey...
  11. A

Power Failure Backups;

Just wondering what everyone uses in case of a power failure.. Yet another thing on my Need to get list... I have heard of using the computer backup ups systems, but to my knowlege they only last an hour at best. I also know on the Dr. Fosters site they have a backup battery air pump. How does...
  12. A

Does anyone else do water changes like this???

I normally change all the water in the sump. I figure that is where the dirtiest water is, along with a little bit of the tank. I have never really heard anyone discuss the way they do water changes except how often. Just wondering if anyone else does this, or if this is a wrong...
  13. A

Going Away For Four Days; Help

Quick question, I am a little worried. I will be going on a trip to Cali for four days, and I dont know what to do about the tank. I will have a friend come by to check top off and feed the fish on every other day, and I am not so concerned about most of them except two. I have a snowflake eel...
  14. A

I think I have amphipods; Good or Bad

I have noticed a huge population of these little clear creatures first withnen my live rock, but this morning as I was doing a top off in my sump, I turned on my flashlight (didnt want to disturb the fish), and to my surprise the sponge that is rite before my return pump, is filled with these...
  15. A

Puffer Only eating Krill and Crayfish

Hello, I have a guinafowl Puffer who is great. Only problem is as far as food he only responds to krill, and crayfish. Any suggestions. I have tried almost everything the LFS has suggested. i;e Squid,Silverfish,Prawn, etc. It seems all the other fish eat anything I put in the tank, but he just...
  16. A

Coral Life Super Skimmer

Ok, Ok... I know that Skimmer questions are soooooo abundent on this forum. But being that I still dont have one, I wanted to ask your opinion about the Coral life Super Skimmer. I currently have a 72 gallon Bow Front set up. No Skimmer for the 4 months its been up and running. I promised myself...
  17. A

Puffer breaking teeth??? Help

Im not sure what happned, but for some reason my puffers top half of teeth are completely broken off. And it looks as if a little bit of his lip is torn off. I know that puffers always bite on live rock to keep the teeth from growing to long, but he seems like hes in pain. What do I do.. Is this...
  18. A

Do You Use Feeder Fish???

:whstlr: Just wondering your thoughts on the use of feeder fish, or live food.. Do you find it benificial for the fish to eat as they would naturally(agressive fish), or is it more healthy to stick to Frozen and dried foods. Or a mixture of both
  19. A

Possible Algae

O.k. So My tank has been up for 3 Months..72 Gallon bow. I believe I am finally seeing Algae, but not exactly sure. Basically Its kind of Reddish or brown in color, its covering the live rock, and the sand, and also constintly removing it from the glass. Is this normal. I know I have heard...
  20. A

Hurt Trigger, Need Help

I posted about this before in the reef section but any additional thoughts would be great. Basically I have a 72 gallon Bow.. I have A snowflake eel, a sail fin tang, a coral beauty, a hogface, and a bursa trigger... All of them are small, young, and not really agressive(I know that will...