Search results

1. P

Wierdest phone call

Funny, another reason not to have a radio (cell phone).
  2. P

BRS Group Buy - November 2013

+1 PM sent to ya. Looks like they should have some more Pukani rock in soon.
  3. P

BRS Group Buy - November 2013

Tempted to... but they are all out of large Pukani rock?
  4. P

Don't buy from Aquacon.com

Thanks for the information. Sharing information and buying experiences such as this helps everyone. Much appreciated.
  5. P

Going Rimless....

It looks great and very clean. I never understood the trend/fascination with rimless tanks though? They look neat but arent as strong as a braced tank. Whats the practical reason for them? What is a "Nem" ? is that an anemone? That tank really looks good!
  6. P

saddest day of my reefing life

Holy crap, thats some bad luck 98% of your fish gone like that. Whats your plan?
  7. P

Skimmer Advice

Thx. I found an MRC commercial skimmer for a decent price. Does MRC make a decent skimmer?
  8. P

Skimmer Advice

Aint that the truth. This is an all acrylic tank. My life has been pretty hectic lately since I recently retired from the military, this has been something I have always wanted but never could do due to all of the deployments. Now it's just me by myself so I'll probably kick it off in the...
  9. P

How difficult is it to create designer clownfish?

Thanks! will check it out.
  10. P

Need advice on replacing RSM130 glass tank

At this point I would try a hammer. This will give you two reasons to replace the glass. Unfortunately your glass is etched/stained beyond repair my friend. Most people dont mention this as a serious drawback to glass tanks. Considering the cost of replacement, I would consider...
  11. P

Need advice on replacing RSM130 glass tank

Over time glass can develop a cloudy haze brought about by calcium and lime deposits. This can usually be removed with a product called Lime Away or CLR that does a decent job. Beware, it's toxic to our animals! If you can use it without getting any near the silicone it might do the trick...
  12. P

Choff's RSM 650 Build

Just skimmed thru this thread and you've been put thru the paces for sure. If it makes you feel any better this stuff happens to everyone. I did an oil change in my car and after I poured in 5 qts I realized I forgot to install the drain pan plug:cursin:. 5qts of oil on the ground looks...
  13. P

is not using the protien skimmer bad?

Great question and really depends on the bio load of your system. I believe in them but many do fine without them. Check out the You Tube videos by Leng Sy regarding the eco system method. They should answer your questions about the necessity of foam fractionation (skimmers) LOL. Hope this...
  14. P

Leaking bulkheads

Did you get the leak stopped?
  15. P

Im not really sure I do unless a decent profit could be made. Just at the information gathering stage now. When I see the prices that breeders are charging for them (very expensive) it translates to an under developed market with opportunity to breed and sell for much less. Supply and demand...
  16. P

Skimmer Advice

"Does it make me a geek that I kinda want to see that? ? ;)" Not at all Choff, Id like to post some pics but it's giving me a hell of a time? Screw it... Just click the link. http://s766.photobucket.com/user/phixer2/library/ I live in Colorado Kyle, thanks for the offer, but...
  17. P

Skimmer Advice

Thanks, much appreciated. All I can post now is a stack of about 5500lbs of freshly machined Polycast GP acrylic. Still need to anneal it before gluing it up.
  18. P

"Do you have a ready source of radioactive material to spur mutation? lol... sorry, just joking of course. " Probably myself, :snshne: LOL, funny you should ask. I soaked up enough of it when I was living in Japan closeby Fukushima in 2011. Operation Tomadachi disaster relief. GSE or GSM?
  19. P

The trend seems to be designer Clownfish now. Very expensive, was wondering how hard it actually is to breed them and create these patterns.
  20. P

Skimmer Advice

I need some skimmer advice for a tank Im building around 2000gallons. Considering the simplicity of a skimmer and the cost for most MFGs want for an industrial sized unit to support a reef tank of this size Im contemplating using 2 smaller skimmers instead of one giant one. What would be the...