Search results

1. A

How Much Flow?

Hey all! Wondering how much is too much flow. One of my standard pumps failed whilst under warranty, so Red Sea sent me the Sicce upgrade pump to replace it. Very kind of them. I installed it today, and I left the one old working pump in there. So I now have a 1550lph (387.5gph) Sicce pump, a...
  2. A

Hoodless Red Sea Max 130D?

Anybody gone hoodless? Seriously thinking of upgrading to an LED unit and going hoodless... Anyone else done this or have any advice?
  3. A

Glass Algae Problems.

I have constant issues with Algae on my glass. It's really annoying. A small film seems to build in only one day. It needs cleaning near enough every other day to give a clear view of the tank. If I left it a week, it gets completely green. I've reduced my lit hours to 7 a day. I only feed...
  4. A

Noisy Fans!

Hey all. Just taken my first step into marine/reef keeping and bought myself a Red Sea Max130D. I've just turned the lights on and the fan is rather loud! Is this normal for these, and is there something I can do to quieten it, or is mine possibly faulty? Thanks!