Search results

1. B

Astrenia Stars

I'm looking for some input on astrenia stars. My web searches have turned up everything from "they're a valuable part of you cuc" to "beware they eat zoas". I have also been told they will eat coraline algae. Anyone out there have any experience with these critters good or bad?
  2. B

Monti question

I have a pretty good sized Monti in my tank. It's pretty brittle and from time to time pieces break off during maintenance. Can I safely just cull the unwanted plates and take to my LFS or do I need to do some kind of prep to ensure the frags would be viable?
  3. B

Rock Flower Nems

I have about 5 of theses in my tank. No crazy color combos, but still pretty cool looking. If you got one / some in your tank, post some pics. [/URL][/IMG]
  4. B

Phosban Reactor

My system came with a phosban reactor. It's a 2 fishes Phosban 150. It was there so I am running it. What exactly does it do? Any tips on how to get the most out of it would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  5. B

Adhesive question

One of the plates in my sump is too low. I'm trying to figure out a way to make it taller without cutting it out and re-gluing it. I got a piece of plastic from my LFS that I thought would slide onto the edge but the opening is too narrow. Anyway my question is is there an adhesive I can use...
  6. B

Midwest Oceanfront

This post will document my journey into reef-keeping. I aquired my system from a friend who had to get out of the hobby. I have had fresh-water set-up since I was a kid and always wanted to get into the SW hobby. Anyway, this is my tank as it stood 2 days after the move. [/URL][/IMG]
  7. B

New to RS

First post, so just a little background. Just got my first reef set-up a couple weeks ago. Bought an established system from a friend who was forced out of the hobby due to living arrangements. Sucked for him, but fortunately it saved me from the cycling wait. Anyway, I have a 90g reef...