Search results

1. BigSurplusRon

Is it a Crack??

Managed to move our tank 150 miles a month ago and everyone survived fine - very happy how it all went. Just noticed last night when I was cleaning the tank that there was a mark on the outside of the tank. I thought I rubbed some of it off but I'm actually thinking now it is more of a...
  2. BigSurplusRon

On the move...

So I find myself in the fantastic position of having to move my tank - my own fault really for setting it up in a rental property!! Anyway, think I have all of the basics covered but my two newest members have me a bit stumped. I have a harlequin tusk and a parrot fish, both about 4 - 5...
  3. BigSurplusRon

All was not Cleair

Have been meaning to start a thread and so here goes. I first started my saltwater life with a 60 litre Bi-Orb which I learnt so many lessons but also gained a lot of experience fast - as one does with a small tank. I was searching for a bigger tank and the end of last year and was reading...
  4. BigSurplusRon

Sand Sifting Starfish?

So looking at the tank and realised that my sand sifting starfish is not so much sand sifting.... More like trying to get out of the tank starfish. Anyone come across this? Is it normal?
  5. BigSurplusRon

Top Up Unit

A question for the team if I may.... When I got my tank (second hand) I also brought the top-up unit with it - is a Reefloat ATU50-Pro Auto Top-Up Unit. Now to be honest I havent connected this up as I am always checking the water levels and do a partial change every week but I am thinking...
  6. BigSurplusRon

Aiptasia: taking care of business

So I find myself needing to get rid of the aiptasia in my tank as I think it's about to have an outbreak. I've read about injecting with lemon juice which on the surface seems to be easy enough. Has anyone done this and do they have any tips?
  7. BigSurplusRon

Can I monitor the tank too much?

I have an Apex controller attached to my tank which I find incredibly helpful to keep track of temp and pH when I am away. Two things I have noticed lately: 1) I am checking the tank about five to ten times a day and think I might be getting a bit OCD :colorful: 2) My pH goes between 7.9...
  8. BigSurplusRon

Deltec SC 1455

Hi there, What is the general opinion on a Deltec SC 1455? Am thinking of getting one for my Cleair 630. Cheers, BSR
  9. BigSurplusRon

Power head options

I've just picked up my new tank (Cleair Atlantic 630) and I am wondering what power heads I should go for. The person I brought it from was using MP40's and from what I have read they seem like a solid option. But is there anything else out there that I should seriously look at as well...
  10. BigSurplusRon

Refuguim

Went into last weekend with the intention of bidding for a RSM250 on eBay but a Cleair 630 caught my eye and got a bargain. Of course now I need to think of all of the things that were aspirations in the RSM from day one... I am very much new to all of this and have never had a marine...
  11. BigSurplusRon

Hey there

Hi everyone - am looking at getting a RSM250 which will be a super upgrade from the 60 litre biorb that I currently have. Well I think we all knew that the biorb has its limitations but I still plan on keeping it as it has served me well and is a nice tank for the basics. Am very excited...