Search results

1. G

Trouble using both pumps RSM 130

The is another option. You can make up extentions so that both pumps sit lower in the water. I think this was offered to American owners. Not sure though. Google rsm130 return pump extensions. Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
  2. G

Trouble using both pumps RSM 130

Remove all of the filter pads. Use a bag of matrix for your bio filter. The tank also runs fairly hot with the T5 light so if you are in a warm climate you will need a cooler or go for an led retro kit like the one from rapid led. The rsm130 is a great tank but it does need some mods to get the...
  3. G

DIY LED light

Take a look at the rapidled Web site. Specifically the rsm130 retro fit kit. The full spectrum kit is very good and will give you an idea of the type of leds you need to look at for spectrum coverage for a tank of that size. Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
  4. G

Looking for id

I would suggest it's a fungia. Common name is plate coral. They have a habit of popping up on live rock. I had two Start from nothing and in a few months were a couple of centimeters across. Nice find. Even nicer if it turns out to be a heliofungia. Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
  5. G

Gnarly torch

Hi guys. Anyone able to shed any light on why my torch tentacles are all gnarly? It seems really healthy and the color is great. I have had it in the tank for a year and can't remember the last time the tentacles were straight. Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
  6. G

RSM 130D LED Retrofit Choice

So I have put the rapid kit together on the bench for testing before I pull the hood apart. Soldering took the longest amount of time but the whole thing probably only took 3 hours to put together on the bench. The only problem I had was getting the UV leds to take the solder. I did some...
  7. G

auto top off system

I made mine from bits picked up from eBay for 20 bucks. It hasn't missed a beat for over a year. Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
  8. G

Rapid LED

If any has fitted the Rapid LED Retrofit RSM130 dimmable full spectrum version of this kit to their 130 I would like to see a diagram of how they set out the various colors on the heat sink. Cheers Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
  9. G

RSM 130D Skimmer help

Get rid of the sponge for a start. At the very least cut it down so it is only a centimeter or two thick. The full size sponge doesn't allow enough water flow into the sump to feed the skimmer. I haven't used the sponge since the first week after I got my 130. Put in a bag of matrix instead to...
  10. G

My rapid led dimmable kit arrived yesterday. I will be installing it this week. Will update on the build as I go. And yes rapid led do a solder less kit with the storm controller. Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
  11. G

Sick acan

Acans will adapt to most lighting and flow situations. Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
  12. G

Flow 130d

The two pumps that come with the 130 are barely enoughfor this tank. You will find most 130 owners have at least one and sometimes two other flow heads to increase circulation. I would look for another reason for your torch not opening. It may just need to get acclimated to your tank. Sent...
  13. G

I ordered my rapid led kit for the 130 today. Full spectrum with storm controller. I will post updates on the build as I go. Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
  14. G

Sick acan

Acan sometimes expel their stomachs onto nearby corals to digest the tissue right out of the skeleton. When ready they will retract the stomach back inside. Just let it do is thing. Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
  15. G

ID please

My Acro Hope this pic works. Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
  16. G

ID please

Looks a lot like my acropora Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
  17. G

The orbit marine led is only 23 watts. If you have an rsm130 or similar it is too weak to cover any but the easiest of corals. It has some good features and for a shallow fish only tank it looks nice but it isn't the one for a full reef tank. IMO. I have a second hand one which I use with my...
  18. G

Check out their website. All of the info is there. If you have any questions they are happy to help. Also download the installation instructions from the site to get a feel for how easy it is. Keep in touch with how you go. Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
  19. G

I too have narrowed down the choice for my 130 to the two you have picked. A at this time I am leaning towards the rapid led full spectrum kit with the storm controller. I believe this offers the best available setup for our tanks whilst retaining full use of the hood. The rapid led system is...
  20. G

Power shorting when steves LEDs turn on fitted to Rsm130D

Out sounds like you have an earth leak. One of your connections is shorting out. Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk