Search results

1. E

RTN questions

OK, sorry if these questions have been answered in another thread, but I haven't found anything that specifically addresses them so far. I have a number (3)of acropora frags that have died, 2 of which I suspect could be RTN, and a fourth that is not looking so good, and I would like a little...
  2. E

Need an ID for a buglike creature seen next to my corals

Ok, I have most of my corals on a frag rack right now, and last night I saw a little bug crawling around on the rack next to some of them. I know a pic would be ideal, and I will see if I can get one, but, I didn't have the presence of mind to take one at the time. It was about 1/8 of an inch...
  3. E

Need some info on upgrading MH ballast

I recently purchased a new MH fixture ( http://www.aquatraders.com/18-inch-Metal-Halide-System-p/54242.htm ) from a guy at work, to upgrade from the PC lights on my Biocube 29 gallon. I got all excited, thinking that now I could keep most anything and went out and got some acroporas, but now I...
  4. E

Anyone have experience with Culligan RO water

So I have been using the RO/DI water from the vending machines; have been for years without issues, but have recently heard here that they are notorious for being bad. Got a TDS meter and the machine water I tested wasn't horrible Can't remember the exact value though, maybe 30 or 40? In any...
  5. E

New memeber intro. Need a bit of advice too.

Hello All, Been keeping tanks, mostly reefs on and off for about 20 years. That sounds impressive at first until I mention that I have not had much luck for most of that time, due to living a rather Bohemian low income lifestyle for a good part of that, and trying to do a reef without really...