Search results

1. M

CUC for sand

I have a 30 gal tank with 3 nassarius snails in it already which do ok, should I add more?also thinking about adding a starfish. any suggestions?
  2. M

CUC for sand

What CUC members are best for cleaning and sifting my sandbed?
  3. M

Coral Reef DVD's ?

tippmann- great pics btw, how do you keep your sand substrate so clean in your tank? I am embarassed of mine, any tips would be greatly appreciated.
  4. M

Coral Reef DVD's ?

I have seen the planet earth series on t.v. but not in HD, and it was not the one with coral reefs in it (still cool though), is there one specific episode about coral reefs?
  5. M

Coral Reef DVD's ?

I recently purchased coral reef adventure and enjoyed it, but was not thoroughly impressed. Does anyone know of any other reef videos out there, preferably HD, but doesnt have to be, and where to get them? Thanks
  6. M

Algae ID

All of my params are fine. Water flow is fine, 1 MJ 1200 AND 1 MJ900 in a 29 gal tank. My bulbs are about 6 months old (time to replace them)?
  7. M

Algae ID

definitely red cyano,, Thanks! Now how do I get rid of it?
  8. M

Algae ID

Anybody know a good source for pics of nuisance algae so I can ID whats growin in my tank. Obviously it would be easier if I just took a pic of my tank and posted it here bit I don't have a digital cam yet. I think it is hair algae but I want to make sure before I formulate my attack. It is red...
  9. M

Cleaning pumps and skimmers

I have 2 MJ1200' s and a Aqua C Remora skimmer that i need to clean. What methods do you guys use to clean out this equipment? Never done it before so the more detail the better. Thanks
  10. M

Qt Tank?

thanks melanie. I should have been more specific, I am looking to do a hospital tank.
  11. M

Qt Tank?

I want to get a qt tank but have a few questions. I do not currently have any sick fish, but have heard it is a good idea to have one on hand in the case I do have an outbreak of ich or anything else. First of all, will a 10 gal do? most importantly how do you cycle a qt tank, or do you need to...
  12. M

Blue/Hippo Tang

Thanks for sharing
  13. M

Blue/Hippo Tang

Im thinking about getting a blue/Hippo tang. Anyone have any experience keeping these? Good or bad? What do they like to eat?
  14. M

Fish Acclimation

thanks for the help, great link jak.
  15. M

Fish Acclimation

What methods or procedures are best for transporting a new fish home from the LFS and then acclimating into the tank? And how compatable will a new hippo/blue tang (1.5-2 INCHES) be with a pair of true percs (2 INCHES EACH)that have been the only fish in my tank for the last 3 months?
  16. M

coralife 24" PCs

I've been told that clowns may host on some things other than anemones. I heard somewhere that they may host frogspawn, which is part of the reason I got mine, hoping my true percs may host it. (I may be wrong about this. Hopefully someone more knowledgable will chime in.)I've had my frogspawn a...
  17. M

coralife 24" PCs

I run a 24" pc w/ lunar lights on my 29 gal. I have an open brain (trachyphyllia ?)and frogspawan that are fine with the lighting. I dont think it is nearly enough lighting for an anemone ( there may be a few out there, but not many) and definitely not enough for clams.
  18. M

i got a 75 gallon...now ?'s

My mom lives in bloomington now, on bloomington ave.
  19. M

Reducing Ammonia

thanks for the tips
  20. M

Reef clubs in Ohio?

Thanks Bwlr!