Search results

1. K

Some new pics

very cool, that picture of the royal gramma is amazing, you should enter that in one of the contests dealing with reef tank pics.
  2. K

Coming Through

thats a good shot, it came out very clear and the color on the tang looks awesome.
  3. K

id help i traded some frags but i don't know what i got

JB NY is right, it will have to grow out for a while before you can make a guess, and even at that it will remain just a guess, it will probably be very difficult to ever identify it 100% right.
  4. K

Reactors??????

IMO, if you have the money to setup a kalk reactor with an auto top off setup or even a CA reactor I would go for it, because you will regret it down the line if you dont, especially if you have high CA and Alk demands, the money you spend on additives will easily exceed the intial cost of a...
  5. K

Some updated shots of tank

looks really good, you have a very nice setup.
  6. K

Crap! Hosed by the landlord!

do a small closed loop with a mag pump, try to avoid using powerheads, i find that they really take away from the aesthetic and add extra heat to the water. i would look into a closed loop, along with the flow from your return pump and a few oulets coming off the closed loop, you should have...
  7. K

Southdown out of business!!! Now what?!?

just dont put a DSB in, use an inch or two for aesthetic purposes only.
  8. K

8X3X4 tank setup pics

i saw these pics a very long time ago, and then I never saw anything else about the tank. Is the tank still empty like that? or is it all stocked up? I would love to see it all setup.
  9. K

90 gallon owners, best mh setup? need advice

i went with the 48 inch aquaspacelight over my 90 gallon AGA RR. It came with 2x250 watt 10,000k DE halides, and 2x24 watt Acticin PC's, and in addition to this I added 2x110 watt VHO's to the tank with a hellolights.com VHO kit. It works great.
  10. K

One of My Tanks

tank looks great, very nice job with it.
  11. K

new sps

i agree, most aquacultured pieces are essentially wild pieces in reality, the best way to go is to order frags from people who have setups on the side and frag directly from their tank. this is guaranteed captive raised, much hardier and acclimate much better. aside from that, you did grab a...
  12. K

WTB: Nice colored zoanthids

Anyone else out there have any awesome ones? I would love to do some business with Robz but he seems hard to get a hold of.
  13. K

i would also like to buy some off members, so that I have a better chance at getting some really nice colored ones. i did check out the logical reef but most the good stuff has been picked through it seems.
  14. K

thanks nivek! wooddood: thank you for the link, I guess his propogation setup is down for a while because of some problems he had with it, so I will have to check back with him a few months down the road.
  15. K

Hi I am interested in nicely colored zoanthids, I am not interested in solid browns. I am also not looking to spend a fortune, I just want nice affordable frags. Please PM me with details. I am located in Fresno, CA. Thanks. :D