Search results

1. C

Milky water with perfect parameters! need help!

Thank you for letting me know ive done the right thing Ddelozier!
  2. C

Thanks guys, will do it asap! I have added activated carbon and floss media in my hang on the back filter/skimmer. Will this help?
  3. C

SPS/LPS corals for a 6 gallon?

Though if your coral was small then by all means list it!
  4. C

No its a 6 gallon. In england we have litres and up to 60 litres in considered namo, above that is large. 60 litres= 12 gallon!
  5. C

I am now gonna post a picture! Cajn someone tell me how on earth i can do this?!
  6. C

Another good idea i to add floss media into my filter. I think i will try this!
  7. C

I have no way of testing the alkalinity specifically ay home. I will have to chexk tommorow. I doubt it would be that drastic though.
  8. C

Apparently these bilogical 'balls' can be added to clear up water cloudiness :D. Anyone got any experience with these?
  9. C

I will post a picture tommorow. Apart from water changes what is a good solution?
  10. C

It has only recently come, i did a water change in an attempt to help it but it did the opposite opposite tbh!
  11. C

Nothing really, i started feeding mysis shrimp and did the first water change! Is there a good way of stopping this?
  12. C

Hi guys, my water has been fine up til recently. The water has now gone quite cloudy but i can still see the back of the aquarium. I have perfect parameters and my livestock are fine. It has a whiteish tinge to it. Should iadd carbon to my filteration, use crystal clear do a blackout? Please help!
  13. C

Xenia not opening or pulsing!

GREAT NEWS! Today my xenia are starting to try and come out again, i also noticed it had leaned over to start a new stalk, hence why it shrivelled up and lean over! I will be sure to keep you updated!
  14. C

Does anyone have any specific LPS corals that they have had thrive in a small nano/pico tank?
  15. C

Dont worry, i will be sure to re house them or get a bigger tank if they grow too large or if my levels start to fluctuate. Thank you for raising the concern, i will be cery careful! Sorry about the FW mix up, this is my first reef after 2 and a half years of FW. Please note if the clowns getto...
  16. C

DaveK, The level is at 6 gal Inc coral and live rock space. The two clowns are tiny and will be removed after they grow too large. I do not go by 1 inch per 5 gallons as it can become a misconception. I more commonly hear 1 inch per 1 gallon, of which I do reach the parameters of. I will...
  17. C

Yeah i have 0, make sure you have good skimming filtration, that kills nitrate levels. I have 2-3 watts per gallon of flurecent tubes if that helps. (50/50 marine blue/daylight)
  18. C

I currently own a 6 gallon reef with 2 clowns (i will replace them after they outgrow the tank) a cleanup crew and a few corals. I have gorgonia, xenia, zoanthids and 2 mushroom corals. Has anyone got any recommendations on SPS or LPS corals? Specs: Ammonia: 0 Nitrite: 0 Nitrate: 0...
  19. C

Xenia not opening or pulsing!

Thanks a bunch reef apprentice, that really puts my mind at ease!
  20. C

Bubbles in the water

Air stones are mainly used for decoration, purely to make the tank look better, as daveK said it does help oxygenate water but it also provides flow on the tank surface. This can go a long way on aerating the water as surface disturbance always does. So yes it does affect oxygenation but with...