Search results

1. KarlyBoy

BIO Pellets and Cycle Question

So just a Quick Question and understanding, rather than the 'Do's and Don't's'. If I do an Ammonia Cycle with 10% Ammonia, on a 110 Gallon Tank, with BIO Pellets present from the start of the Cycle, would you expect to see Nitrate Spike in the Cycle ? Given that the BIO Pellets would likely deal...
  2. KarlyBoy

Karly Boys Radion G3 Install on RSM 250

Thought these might be useful, So these are 2 x Radion G3 Pro with Wide Angle Lens for Wider coverage, because the lights are close to surface, Used the Reflector to mount them using the Hanging M5 bolts that came with them. Left the RSM Fans in place and have them blowing across the Radions to...
  3. KarlyBoy

Maxima Clam and Rose Tip Anemone

All, My Anemone has decided to attach his foot to my Maxima Clam at the top of the tank, they both seems happy enough, the Maxima is fully open and remain open all-day, and the same for the RBTA. My question is, I am assume its OK to leave them be ?
  4. KarlyBoy

RSM 250 Heater

Does anyone have any trouble with their Heater, mine does not seem to get anywhere near heating the tank. I am constantly battling to keep my Temp above 26 Degree's, and the heater does not seem to have any impact at all ?
  5. KarlyBoy

RSM 250, Moonlights and Apex Lunar Simulator

I have tried posting this question on the Apex Forum, but with little response, and not being an expert on these things, but taking advantage of all the good advice I always get on the RSM Owners Club forum. I have Steve's LED's installed, and these are running off an Apex VDM Module, which...
  6. KarlyBoy

Advice on pH please

I am looking for advice please, I tested my water today, and I am getting the following readings Temp: 26.5 Ph. 7.67 Sg.35.3 Nh4:0 NO2: 0 N03: .10 PO4:.08 KH: 11.65 GH: 4.66 Ca: 470 Mg: 1280 I am a little concerned about my pH being as low, but everything else looks good, my KH/GH Seems out...
  7. KarlyBoy

Steve's LED's and Apex with VDM ?

Is anyone using Steve's LED's with their Apex Controller, and if so, how do you have it configured (i.e. LED Quad Drivers and Aquarium Controller Interface). I have an APEX, and I have Steve's LED RSM Kit (99%), and the Aquarium Controller Interface (and the typhoon controller), I have not...
  8. KarlyBoy

Diamond Goby Gill Issue

I have a Diamond Goby, that in himself seems OK, but he has a blister type growth under his Gill's, it looks like a large Air Bubble, he is eating fine and is still sifting Sand. I cannot find anything on the Internet on this, any idea's ?
  9. KarlyBoy

DD DC300 Chiller

Does anyone know how to set the temperature in incremental's degree steps (i.e. 26.4, rather than 26 or 27), I can't see anything in the manual, and it only adjust in whole degree steps.
  10. KarlyBoy

Tunze 3155

I have a Tunze 3155 Osmilator installed in the Right Hand Chamber, can anyone think of a reason not to put the Magnet (dry side) in the Power Compartment ?
  11. KarlyBoy

KarlyBoy's RSM 250

All, The Tank has arrived, the new Floor has been laid, the boxes are enticing me. I already have an existing 100 litre Tank in my Home Office, which has been running for a few years, and has lots of ahppy inhabitants (Citron Goby, Royal Gramma, Blue Cheek Goby, and Cinnamon Clown which hosts...