Search results

1. M

Phosphates and filtration

Hey guys I own a RSM 250 and I will comment on the Green Hair Algae. I just came out of a 3 months battle with it. The clean crew is an absolute need but it is not the only answer. Phosband Reactor helps with the battle as well. Keeping up with your tank husbandry is key! I was doing 15% every...
  2. M

New Ecotech MP40 QD

I just picked up a new Ecotech MP40 Quiet Drive. This this is a beast! I was running an MP10 (which I have for sale) and WOW what a difference. I was going to get two MP40's but decided to hold off and see how one worked and I'm glad I just got one because this is a powerful pump. Just...
  3. M

2 Hydor Koralia 1150's Plus Smartwave Pump Controller

Hi, Up for sale 2 barely used (less than 2 weeks) Like new Hydor Koralia 1150 Pumps plus a Koralia Smart Wave Pump Controller. Asking $150 for all plus shipping. (Won't part these) Selling as a set. Thanks,
  4. M

Ecotech MP10 For Sale

Hi, I'm selling my Ecotech Vortech MP10 $150 Plus Shipping. This pump is in excellent working conditions.
  5. M

What size Koralia

I'm actually going to sell my MP10 and my two hydor 1150's + Smartwave Pump controller. PM if you are interested. I will post these is the selling section.
  6. M

Corals for sale

Would you ship to NY? Interested in Bleeding Apple Scoly but I have some Q's. PM me...
  7. M

One year of Monti growth

Just curious what Salt are you using? I use red sea coral pro. and What lights do you use on you RSM 250?
  8. M

Is this a bad sign for my frogspawn?

Thanks for the replies and interesting articles @frisbee specially the second one about reproduction. I think it was last month that I noticed that a tentacle from the same frogspawn was on the sand bed just floating around, i thought maybe a crab or something had snipped it and didn't pay much...
  9. M

Is this a bad sign for my frogspawn?

Hi All, Yesterday I noticed a head on my frogspawn not extending its "tentacles?" I don't see bare bone but can this be the beginning of something bad or is it normal behavior? My water parameters are fine and I'm doing a WC tomorrow. If it's a bad sign what can I do to help the situation?
  10. M

NEED HELP!!! Catching Clown Goby

I agree with the home made bottle trap. When I had to catch my orange spotted goby I tried a couple of traps. What ended working for me was my home made bottle trap. I used a poland spring water bottle because the fish was small and I felt the 2L bottle would be too big. With my bottle trap in...
  11. M

Noob just bought Max 250

I couldn't find the lights at amazon anymore (bought them 2yrs ago) but i did find them here http://www.oznium.com/tri-chip-led-tube I like the tubes because the LED's are protected from the elements (saltwater) This is what I got 2x 20 inch LED tubes (BLUE) 1x AC Adapter 2 Amp 1x Linear Light...
  12. M

Noob just bought Max 250

I bought 2 led strips from Amazon and use those. Here are some pics. Stock moon LED Stips
  13. M

Truth or Myth?

Sounds like something I can use. I will look into Aqualog, thanks for the tip!
  14. M

Noob just bought Max 250

I agree with all the above comments, Must haves 1 - Chiller 2 - Tunze ATO 3 - RODI Unit + a TDS Meter Nice to have (and you will probably end up getting) 1 - Wave maker / Pump ( I use a Vortech MP10 ) 2 - a good LED moon light to enjoy the tank when the sun comes down :)
  15. M

Truth or Myth?

What lead me to post this question, is the fact that a couple of days ago I was doing some research on an Aquamaxx HOB Skimmer and I came across a video where this guy had his skimmer on a timer. His reasoning was that the skimmer wasn't collecting waste 24x7 and that he just wanted to extend...
  16. M

Truth or Myth?

Hi Diana, Thanks for the response I too have been running my Skimmer and CPE 24X7. I actually started my tank around the same time as you, it will me two years in May for me. So far so good for my tank, besides an green hair algae issue that I just recovered from. Oh and my corals are...
  17. M

Truth or Myth?

My LFS guy told me yesterday that I shouldn't keep my Skimmer on 24X7. He said I could turn it off during the day and just run it at night. He also said the I don't need to keep my activated carbon in my tank all the time either. That I should run my tank without it for about two weeks every...
  18. M

Tok's RSM 250

Hey Tok, Have you done any mods to your tank? If so, what have you done? (Sump, LED's, Skimmer...)
  19. M

Green Hair Algae Outbreak!

Yes I'm running the stock lighting the bulbs are exactly six month now, but I will need to upgrade because it seems that two of my bulbs #4&6 counting from the bottom up with the hood open wont turn on. I wen't to buy replacement bulbs thinking that they went bad but even the new bulbs wont come...
  20. M

Green Hair Algae Outbreak!

Update: So after the three days of darkness I noticed a great difference. I still have some algae but I will take a toothbrush to it during my next WC coming up. I also bought 3 Mexican turbos as Diana suggested and they've been busy since they went in the tank. As for the micro bubbles I...