Search results

1. Billerbong

Boston -- Innovative Marine Fusion 30L

Hi, I'm relocating to FL and am hoping to sell off my tank. This is what I have going on: -Innovative Maring Fusion 30 L--I bought it 2 years ago first hand from Bulk Reef Supply, I can include a receipt if that helps with warranty and such...
  2. Billerbong

HOB Overflow advice for innovative marine 30L

Hi all, I recently went through a few tank transfers/upgrades/downgrades---- here I am left with one nuvo 10 and a nuvo 30L. My 10 gallon has turned into a mess but a maintained mess full of macro algae and pods that I figure could benefit my main tank (the 30L). I'v been in the hobby for 5...
  3. Billerbong

BSJF tank!

Interesting, I will look into getting one, such gorgeous fish. Thanks for the info! Well Iv only had the tank for a few months in Boston which happens to coincide with a crazy crazy winter! So its not too hard keeping the tank cool without a chiller for the moment. That might change come...
  4. Billerbong

BSJF tank!

Thanks for the advice! Yes, tank will definitely be run around 70! I would love a catalina goby and yes that would be such a great tank mate for him. Just a bit worried about the temp for them, I read they really need to be in 50s -60's degrees. Thoughts? What a cool tank that would be...
  5. Billerbong

BSJF tank!

Things are finally moving!!! This little guy arrived a couple of days ago and is in my QT tank. He seems to be doing well, he built a little burrow, still hiding I'm sure he'll come around soon enough. Hard to get a good picture. Cant wait to add him to the DT. He'll be the first fish in my...
  6. Billerbong

Photosynthetic Gorgonian ID Please

I had this in my old tank and loved it and would love to re-buy it for my new tank but I don't know what its called. What do you guys think? It kinda of looks like a "sea feather" http://sealifeinc.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=264 OR "purple bottle brush"...
  7. Billerbong

Nikki's Mini Ocean Part II

I have heard that of sugar sand so I tried to steer clear of it.. Took this from the ad "1.25–1.95 mm diameter grain size. A revolution in reef-keeping! This is the one you’ve been reading about in all the hobbyist publications. This grade of aragonite is specifically engineered for...
  8. Billerbong

Thank you!! Its the CaribSea Special Grade Reef Sand, used it in my RSM250 and liked it.
  9. Billerbong

couple more pictures from angles..
  10. Billerbong

Perhaps due to impatience with cycling.. had to get my hands in the tank and changed the rock quite completely. This round I made two islands, really liking it so far still a chance I might change it. This rock is probably my favorite (staying a lot here, I'm a geologist) we chiseled out...
  11. Billerbong

Show Refugium

Wow! Such a cool design!
  12. Billerbong

yeah salifert might be the way to go, Im not a huge fan of the API one. Thinking you may be on to something, much easier to just let it brew for two weeks and check back later! I taught 8th grade science for the past two years and thought what better way to teach the nitrogen cycle and the...
  13. Billerbong

Checked NH3 again today and its looking more like 2ppm, hard to distinguish between very similar shades of green! So thats probably where it was last night as well. Hopefully thats not terribly abnormal.
  14. Billerbong

Thanks guys!! Agreed that does seem high for such a short period, Im using the API test kit that I inherited with the tank from craigslist. Might go out and get a new one just in case. Interesting nano, so you think adding both bottled bacterias would skew the numbers? How so, I would think...
  15. Billerbong

While I wait equipment wish list before livestock arrives... Maxspect Razor Nano - http://www.marinedepot.com/Maxspect_Nano_Razor_R420R_LED_Light_Fixture_20_Inch_LED_Light_Fixtures-Maxspect-0M30023-FILTFILDTN-vi.html IVS Portal Viewer -...
  16. Billerbong

Ok things are moving! 12/29: Filled tank (dry sand and dry BRS Pukani after muriatic bath) 12/31: Added some live rock from PSU4ME (Thanks Bryan!!!!) and 1/2 deli shrimp 1/1/15: NH3=2-4ppm PO4=.25ppm (curious if acid bathing pukani helped) Starter rock rubble (for the BSJF) from...
  17. Billerbong

BRS Pukani Dry Rock (acid bath/curing) and new tank

Update: So I did the acid bath for ~10 minutes out of fear it would dissolve my rock if I let it go longer. Bought the acid at Home Depot. I actually skipped the bleach step so we'll see what the outcome is in a few weeks. After the acid bath I let them dry out the last few days (as I...
  18. Billerbong

BSJF tank!

I kept reading that they like an open sand bed... took this from http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/bluespot-club/23684-what-you-need-know-about-bluespots.html... says that "Another thing we know is that they are typically found residing on flat stretches of the ocean floor in large colonies...
  19. Billerbong

BSJF tank!

Had to sell my tank and BSJF about 6 months ago when we moved to Boston. Just bought a new tank (finally) and looking to gear it towards a BSJF. Its an innovative marine micro 30 gallon. Just put in a 5-6 inch sand bed of special grade reef sand...
  20. Billerbong

Yes that stuff is great! Internal parasites, ich? Curious, so you saw signs of the parasite and had a complete turn around within a few months of treatment?