Search results

1. oakrad34

Cheap Home Made Drip Acclimation Setup

I recently created a cheap acclimation setup. Probably spent $10 on the whole setup. I'm sure most of you have your own systems, but this is intended more for the newbee who is trying to acclimate there livestock. Here is what you need- - about 8 feet of 1/4" tubing. - 2x 1/4" irrigation...
  2. oakrad34

Tragedy Avoided with Rose Anemone!

Tragedy started this afternoon. I was looking at my tank when I notice a large glob on the prefilter to my Maxi-jet 1200. Then I knew what it was, my expensive Rose Anemone. As you can see in the pix, it looked like glob, smush, shreaded sea something, well you get the picture. I looked at...
  3. oakrad34

Rose trying to steal Clarkii?

Recently added a Rose BTA with a LTA which hosts a Clarkii. Placed the Rose where strong current and strong lighting were present. Also placed it on the opposite side of the tank from the LTA and Clarkii. I know they move around but still found this interesting: It moved from one side...
  4. oakrad34

Which Clown? Help me Choose.

Here's my dilemma: I currently have LTA hosting a Clarkii which is only aggressive when others get close to its LTA. But very friendly when swimming or feeding. ...So I just added a Rose BTA and looking for a clown for it (fell in love with the rose and bought it 2 days ago). The LFS owner...
  5. oakrad34

Nitrates & bioballs question

Question? My 29g is running high on nitrates but low on nitrites and amm. I currently have 20+ pounds of LR. The tank has been running for 7 months. I'm thinking the bio balls might have something to do with from reading other post. Should I remove them and if so ----how? Should I do the same...
  6. oakrad34

29 g to 76 g Half Circle tranformation

Hi everyone! I will try to be short so I don't bore you. After waiting 2 months, my Oceanic 76 gal half circle finally came in and am picking it up tomorrow. I currently have a 29g Nano (Biocube) and plan to transfer all my livestock to the 76 gal in due time. The 29g will become a fish...