Search results

1. CATALYST

Anemone takes over

Well, my anemone has taken over my tank and taken all of my corals with it. I suppose I need a bigger tank....
  2. CATALYST

Ever have tank nightmares?

I had a bad dream last night the the acrylic on my fuge busted and all the water drained out and my fish dried up. What a horrible dream! It woke me up in a start and I had to go check on them. Does this every happen to you?
  3. CATALYST

Chiller not working?

I don't think my chiller is working. My tank is up to 86 and it's set at 77. I hear it turn on and off. Is there any maintenance I can do to it to make it work? It's only 1 1/2 yrs old.
  4. CATALYST

Stupid heater

I could smell that electrical smell today. I've smelled it before. I finally narrowed it down to the heater. Took it out, walked away, came back and smelled the heater. Yup, definitely the heater. Now... Do you think it could have had a short in it for months and I didn't know? I've had a...
  5. CATALYST

No breeding going on

I've had a pair of pink skunks for 2 years with no eggs or breeding. I know they are slow but...anyone know their habits?
  6. CATALYST

RO...DI...or tap?

What's the best for a planted tank? I've been using RO but have a new DI. Should I stick with the RO?
  7. CATALYST

How big is too big?

When is it time to say the nem is too big for the tank?
  8. CATALYST

Filter Guys

I'm so excited. I just ordered a new ro/di setup for my garage. The guy I talked to on the phone was very helpful.
  9. CATALYST

My new fish watcher!

This is Stella my new kitten...and fish watcher...the reason for having a covered tank. She likes to walk on top. DANGER!! DANGER!!
  10. CATALYST

2 year birthday.

It's officially my tanks 2nd birthday. I've had some critters come and go but I still have my guys from the very beginning...anemone, pink skunks, mushrooms, zoas, open brain, leathers and 5 snails. I just lost my cleaner. He was a big guy when I got him so I figure he was older than 2 years...
  11. CATALYST

Chiton

I noticed I have a chiton living on my clam. Should I be worried?
  12. CATALYST

Fyi

BTA will hurt favia. :flaming:
  13. CATALYST

Snails

How do I get rid of these? Can I kill them with copper? No plants, just fish. There will never be anything but fish. They hitched a ride on a sponge I used to cycle the tank.
  14. CATALYST

New cycle?

If I'm making a new little tank and I take the water and the sponges from my cycled one, will the new one cycle? The only thing new in it will be the rocks. I'm making a new tank for my kid's preschool class. Since my fish had babies, I thought it might be fun for the kids to have a class pet.
  15. CATALYST

Before and After

Before After
  16. CATALYST

Oh no...OH NO!

I just went to feed my fish and I thought there was something floating in the water. I looked again...baby fish...guppies...I thought I had all boys...OH NO! There's like 8 of them in there.
  17. CATALYST

New fish

They are so cute! I got two new little kuhli loaches. They are so fun to watch.
  18. CATALYST

Bummer :(

I've been in denial but after 3 vets...they all concur. My cat has multiple myeloma, its some rare blood cancer. Crappy.
  19. CATALYST

Sun coral and favia?

Sorry for all the wacky coral questions. I fragged out my frogspawn and have a new opening for something next to a favia. Think a suncoral could work?
  20. CATALYST

Duncans sting?

Do duncans sting?