Search results

1. CATALYST

Anemone takes over

Here's what it used to look like. I got the nem when my tank was 2 mos old...its now about 4 yrs old. Its just a 24 aquapod with a 150 mh light. I don't think the clowns hardly leave it. I never feed it anymore, clowns take care of it. There are two pink skunk clowns in there and one...
  2. CATALYST

Anemone takes over

Well, my anemone has taken over my tank and taken all of my corals with it. I suppose I need a bigger tank....
  3. Changes

Changes

4. CATALYST

Source water...

Here's a link to when I got mine......with a pic.
  5. CATALYST

my 24G Aquapod

I modded my hood but wanted more. I like my set up now. I put the sapphire hob fuge with skimmer, 150 mh light, and a chiller...Perfect. I use a mj1200 for the chiller and mj900 for the tank....the chiller return is into the tank. I run my carbon and whatnot from the fuge. The heater is in...
  6. CATALYST

Source water...

When I started I would get water from the LFS. My tap water is horrible. I got a cheapy filter but it wasn't awesome. It worked for awhile. I upgraded to a nice system from The Filter Guys. They are great. Totally worth the price. RO/DI Systems You can get a TDS meter for like $20 and...
  7. CATALYST

Poly-Filter??

I used mine in the overflow...I would rinse it every day or two.
  8. CATALYST

Poly-Filter??

I ran one for awhile in my tank before I got a fuge to house a skimmer and other filtering. I thought it worked great.
  9. CATALYST

Ever have tank nightmares?

I had a bad dream last night the the acrylic on my fuge busted and all the water drained out and my fish dried up. What a horrible dream! It woke me up in a start and I had to go check on them. Does this every happen to you?
  10. CATALYST

Chiller not working?

Thanks everybody!! I think it may be working.
  11. CATALYST

Chiller not working?

Hey, should my chiller be on or off? I have it off.
  12. CATALYST

Chiller not working?

EWWW. That was kinda nasty in there. Looks like it needed it. I'll see later if it actually worked...
  13. CATALYST

Question on Turbo Snails

I have to turn mine over once in awhile too...I have a big long plastic stick...I think I got it from a flower arrangement that had a balloon in it...about 2 ft long.
  14. CATALYST

Whats the best sport

I picked auto racing...only because motorcycles weren't listed.
  15. CATALYST

Might be going to San Diego next week...

Birch aquarium in La Jolla or maybe the Sea Life at Legoland (commercial but kinda cool)... Tide pools in La Jolla too.
  16. CATALYST

Chiller not working?

Excellent. I know what I'm doing tomorrow...
  17. CATALYST

Chiller not working?

I clean the filter on the front all the time....oh...backflush...haven't done that. Tell me more.
  18. CATALYST

Chiller not working?

I don't think my chiller is working. My tank is up to 86 and it's set at 77. I hear it turn on and off. Is there any maintenance I can do to it to make it work? It's only 1 1/2 yrs old.
  19. CATALYST

Rose BTA Feeding with Clowns?

At first, I fed mine directly and the clowns would have to go in to eat. Now if I drop food in, they'll bring the bigger chunks down to the nem. Some days I drop food in, some days I use the turkey baster. I have a green one...no bubbles. It did at one time...
  20. CATALYST

anything other then a skimmer?

You can try a polyfilter or some filter floss (pillow stuffing). I wouldn't add anything that you pour in. I had a cheapie hang on the side filter that I would put filter floss in...and just throw it away every couple days. The polyfilter is nice but it's more spendy. I did without a skimmer...