Search results

1. B

Help identifying this strange fish

I just cam back from getting my open water diving certification in Destin Florida. While I was relaxing at the shoreline of the beach I came across this fish that was swimming at the very edge of the shoreline. It looks like a cross between a angel and a butterfly. However the face is too...
  2. B

Help -Oceanic Bifold glass tank covers

I have the standard glass bifold tank covers that originally came with the 135 gallon oceanic tank I bought 3 years ago. The front side of the bifold is a clear glass piece. However, the rear bifold portion is a frosted glass. Thus the frosted glass diffuses alot of the light from the fixture...
  3. B

Hand Feeding Fairy Wrasses

Well, its taken some time and lots of patience, but I've been able to get my fairy wrasses to start feeding from my hand. Just posting some pictures. Here's the Rhomboid and the Pink Margin darting at some mysis shrimp:
  4. B

Ultralife Red Slime Remover together with Rowaphos?

Recently I had a bad outbreak of cyano and green hair algae in one of my tanks. I know phosphates are high. I believe it was due to old cartridges in a RO unit I was using. I've since ordered new cartridges and also: I've been doing water changes, introducing carbon. Sucking out as much...
  5. B

Oceanic 135 tank need lighting suggestions

I've got a oceanic 135 tank that currently has one long VHO strip fixture. For this tank I'm only looking to raise soft corals. I want to stay away from high heat producing lamps like halides because the office where the tank sits gets pretty hot on its own. Ideally I would like a T-5...
  6. B

Panasonic DMC FZ-10 - First shots out of the box

Okay I just purchased the Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ-10 Camera and I couldn't be happier! 4 Megs and 12X optical zoom. Here are some of the first shots right out of the box without going through all the instructions yet: This is Tabitha, our 8 year old Norwegian Forest Cat. Coach Potatoe wasn't...
  7. B

Rotifers online?

Anyone know of someone that sells rotifers online?
  8. B

Possibly buying new camera - please advise

Okay, my camera decided to quit on me after this past weekend. Reluctantly I may need to get a new one. I just started doing some research yesterday and I came across what appears to be a pretty good candidate.....the Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ10. Price ranges from $500 to 600. This camera has 4...
  9. B

Square collecting cups??? Suggestions please

I hoping someone could direct me to the right source. I'm looking for those square plastic cups that LFS owners use when taking a fish out of a tank to get it ready for bagging. You know, the ones that have the clip so that you can hang them off the side of the tank with some water in it while...
  10. B

New Addition- Rhomboid Fairy Wrasse -Very Rare

Just wanted to share with everyone my new addition. This is a Rhomboid Fairy wrasse or aka Golden Fairy. They are very hard to find because they come from deep water. I'm gonna try to attach this image. I hope it works.
  11. B

Help with Angel and fungus problem

I would appreciate help from anyone in regards to a possible fungus problem I have with a angel. Water parameters are fine and water changes are being made every day in the QT tank I have him in right now. My large angle began developing some discoloration around the face which later moved...
  12. B

Fairy Wrasse Photo Library

Last night I posted some pictures of my fish on the photo boards and I got alot of requests for more. So instead of flipping through several other pictures, I thought I put them all here in one thread. Starting with Bullet, my annularis angel getting some personal grooming:
  13. B

I found ya!

Hey guys, I don't know if you remember me from the RAG days but I sure recogize many of you. I played fantasy football with several RAGGERS last year in Reef Lady's league. I was, and still am the fairy wrasse fanatic. After the RAG fiasco I thought I might not hear from many of the...