Search results

1. T

? on type of fish

Hi, I was recently in Mexico and of course I was snorkeling every day. There was a reef 250 yards from the beach at my resort. There was a small fish definitely a damsel. Mean son of a *****. It was blue with a different color blue spots. Any clues and are they available in the hobby. Thanks
  2. T

starting a 300 gallon sw fish only this summer

Hi everyone.Im planning on starting a 300 gallon this summer and have some questions about livestock and lighting. I would like to put more money into a protein skimmer and filtration. This will be built into a wall with the help of a friend who also owns my lfs. I just want some opinions on...
  3. T

adding another flasher wrasse?

Hi all. My tank has been up and running for 10 weeks and everything is going great. It is a 29 gallon BC. Right now I have a true perc and a carpenter wrasse. I want to add a McCoskers flasher. Would I have a problem having 2 flasher wrasses
  4. T

29 gallon BC up for 6 weeks

I have been having so much fun starting out in this hobby. Right now I have various snails, hermits, emerald crab, pepprmint shrimp,( because of a small aptasia problem) true perc and a few mushroom and zoo frags. Unknown to me a LFS was going out of bussiness, so I went in to see what they had...
  5. T

using super glue toaffix frags to rock.

tried using the gel form that I got from the lfs. Could not get it to set right. Any advice would be helpful. I wonder if I am trying to attach it to fast?
  6. T

? on ro/di water

I'ts Sunday( Easter sunday) and all the stores are closed today. I have to top off my tank because the water in the chamber is very low. My question is all I need is a gallon. I'ts a 29 gallon.Is there any type of water I can buy from the grocery store to bring the level back up?I am new to this...
  7. T

29 gallon bc?

I've been cycling my tank for 2 weeks, just wondering if I'm ready for the cleaning crew.here are my levels. PH 8.1,amonia0.0, nitrite 0.2, nitrate 10, and alk 4.5 meq/l . please let me know if I'm ready, and suggest some critters for cleaning the tank. Thank you!
  8. T

29 gallon BC ?

I have been cycling my tank for almost 2 weeks. I'm past the algae bloom and my params are fine. About a week ago I bought some more live rock that had some mushrooms on it. It is still alive and looking good. My question is does anyone think I'm ready for the cleaning crew. And what would you...
  9. T

Live sand?

Starting to cycle my tank. The salinity is at specific gravity, I have the lighting woked out, and the tank is at about 78 degrees. How long will it take for the water to clear up after putting in the live sand? It is a 29 gallon bio cube. I"d like to add the LR today but I cant see what I"m...
  10. T

?on lighting

The bio cube 29 gal comes with lunar moon Led lamps< Actinic blue < and 10,000k daylight. When should they be used. I f someone can break it down that would be great. Thanks
  11. T

need help with a 29 gal bio cube

Am setting it up right now, and am having a problem. Every time I plug the pump in it drops below the min water amount in the pump chamber.I added water and reef crystals and nothing else. I followed instructions to a t. Please help.
  12. T

new tank

When mixing salt with water is it best to use a new 5 gallon bucket or mix diretly into the tank? I hope this is not to stupid of a question. It is a 29 gallon bio cube.
  13. T

29 gallon bio cube questions

I bought a 29 gallon bio cube today and I need some advice. What type of heater should I put in, some have told me that the lights give off enough heat. I'm skeptical of that. What is the best way to mix salt, I'm using reef crystals. I primarly setting up for mushrooms, zoos and other easy...
  14. T

stocking questions?

I recently purchased a 14 gallon biocube from Saltwaterfish.com. When the tank arrived it was shattered. Seeing that I am impatient I did not want to wait another week so I called around to LFS and found a 29 gallon for 200 dollars. I know good price right? I have to change my whole stocking...
  15. T

questions on stocking 35 gallon FOWLR

Just curious if anyone would think a snowflake eel and two triggers would be to much for a 35 gallon tall. The triggers would be a Niger and a picasso. Thanks
  16. T

live sand?

Went to LFS today and spoke with owner about live sand in my tank. He said he has never set up a tank using it. He said he only uses LR. Now I know not to take everything they say as the be all end all, but I was curious if anyone has done this before.
  17. T

cleaning crew

When should you add a cleaning crew to a freshly cycled tank? Also what can anyone suggest as far as what type of critters? The tank is a 14 gallon oceanic bio cube. The tank has been cycling for three weeks. I have 10 pounds of live sand and 16 pounds of live rock added. thanks.
  18. T

clown?

:bigblue: What is the real difference between an ocellaris and a percula?
  19. T

Just starting out

have been checking this site out for a week or so ,good advice great pictures etc. etc. Went to another similar site (not sure why) , but i got a lot of condesending remarks to my questions. Even the "know it alls" were arguing and bickering, all over new people to this hobby shouldnt try nanos...
  20. T

distraught over anenome.

bought a 14 gallon nano cube and a skimmer.I have had many say that a 14 gallon is not large enough to keep an anenome.I had my heart set on a rose bubble tip to host my clowns. I wont risk crashing the tank for it though.Please reccomend some corals that will host theese fish. Thanks, Chris