Search results

1. R

Lighting

I have heard a 'rule of thumb' about wattage for hard corals, 2 - 3 watts per gallon. I'm setting up a 20 long. I wasn't planning on keeping the 'fancy' stuff (sps, lps) but the LFS (acronym heaven huh?) has some nice stuff and well..you know how it goes. I'm planning on running a 55 watt...
  2. R

H&S skimmer

I was up at the LFS to get my skimmer...ASM mini...been told nothing but good stuff about it, good price, will really do up to about 40 -60 gallons. Then I get referred to the H&S..owner LOVES because it's a little less expensive than the Deltec line, but close performance wise. I bought the...
  3. R

Surface agitation and skimmers

I'm probably going to put a Koraline 1 circ pump on a 20 long. I'd like to aim toward the middle - top of the tank. Will this impact surface skimming? I'll be using an ASM mini in a 10 gal sump for a 20 L with a corner box surface skimmer:dummy: . R
  4. R

Refuge or not?

After reading volumes on refugia, I am still a little iffy on the idea. As I see it, the idea is provide space for the little bugs (copopods, amphipods etc) and isolate algae so as to outcompete any alge in the show tank. My situation is that with the space I have available, I'd be able to...
  5. R

Too much flow?

I saw that Hydor has a new pump...the Koralia 1. Does 400 gph according to them...too much flow for a 20 long? Rhyne
  6. R

Newbie here...

Well, here I go again...back to the reef. I've had several reef tanks of various sizes over the years and now, with a mortgage and some presumed stability...I re-enter the reefer world. The idea goes like this... Plan on keeping Ricordia, 'shrooms, zoo's and some shrimp, maybe even a fish...