Search results

1. woodwrkinnut

Young Blue Hippo Tang colorless spots?

Thanks for the reply. Water #'s are good! My tank has been running for approx 1.5 yrs now and all others are healthy. I feed sinking feed once a day and supplement the tangs with algae sheets and feed all of them shrimp or krill approx once every 4-5 days. Does this seem adaquate to you...
  2. woodwrkinnut

Young Blue Hippo Tang colorless spots?

I had lost a couple of fish this past summer because my tank got hot. I have installed a air conditioning unit beyond the houshold central air unit as the tank is in a office addition in our attic. Anyway, the hippo (blue) tang survived and quickly showed colorless areas near the tail and...
  3. woodwrkinnut

sea clone 100

I'm also running a seaclone 150 model. Like you I have also read the good, the bad, and the ugly of the seaclone line-up. To make a long story short I am approx. one year into this hobby, and my seaclone has been with me from day one. It is still running strong and I mt a cup off green...
  4. woodwrkinnut

Fitration- Hang-on vs. canister?

AWESOME INFO!!!:bigbounce Thanks and free "BEERIOS" on me if your ever in upper michgan!:clink: Seriously, I really appreciate the pics!!! Like I mentioned before I'm about to have some fun. BUT, I'm gonna have to hurry, as my bride will have me outside putting siding on the house and...
  5. woodwrkinnut

Thanks for the input, looks like I am going to have some fun!!!!!:whstlr:
  6. woodwrkinnut

hermit crabs

I have added several species of hermits to my tank as it has been growing. I too have had poor luck with one or two electric blues. Not sure quite why? I am new to this world, however I can tell you,it seems that especially Zebra hermits and the red legs are quite strong acclimators! Good...
  7. woodwrkinnut

Yes I am, I had given thought to a sump instead. I also enjoy building things and have never been afraid of taking on a project. I have read many posts and homemade ideas. I already have the skimmer that works great. Do you have a sump? Here's my other consideration, my tank is in a...
  8. woodwrkinnut

Below is a description of my current tank status. I have recieved several omments on my current hang-on filtering. I have researched canister filtering systems and am currently contemplating a change to a FLUVAL 304 canister system. I am looking for some suggestions? I would like to know if...
  9. woodwrkinnut

Live Rock Help Needed!

Thanks all!!! I was afraid it was do to something else like calcium scale. This site never fails to amaze me! I hope someday I to will have the knowledge to help others. Thanks Again! Karma to all!!!
  10. woodwrkinnut

Live Rock Help Needed!

my live rock appears to have a white algae or something like it starting to appear on it inbetween the green and marron normal coloring. Any ideas and is there something I should be doing to correct it? tests I do regularly: NITRATES 20 NITRITES 0 AMMONIA 0 SALINITY 1.25 sgu's PH 8.2 ALKALINITY...
  11. woodwrkinnut

Adding Oxygen???

Thanks, My powerhead is located closer to the bottom of the tank and is pointed upward at an approx. 45 degree angle. Should this be within a couple inches of the top and directed downward? Karma to both of you, Thanks for the assistance with my adventure!
  12. woodwrkinnut

Adding Oxygen???

I currently run two 10 inch stone bubblers in the rear of my tank to add oxygen to the saltwater. Is this adequate or unneccesary and will to oxygen rich of an environment create algae accumulation? If anyone have an answer to this I would appreciate feedback. Thank You!
  13. DSC00471

DSC00471

14. DSC00466

DSC00466

15. woodwrkinnut

Flame Angel health?

Thanks Will keep on learning as I go.
  16. woodwrkinnut

Flame Angel health?

No aggression between any of the fish, especially the angels. They were the fist two and were intro'd. at the same time. I have a seaclone 100 and it works AWESOME!!!! ( a inch of green gunk approx. twice a week.) I feed krill every other day and suppliment with a sheet algae in between. I am...
  17. woodwrkinnut

Flame Angel health?

sorry it took a while to find out why my signature was not listing on my threads. I had thought it would auto fill. I went back and corrected it. So looking at the post added info is now present. As for the test results, here goes..... Amonnia 0 Nitrites 0 Nitrates .20 salinity (sgu's...
  18. woodwrkinnut

Flame Angel health?

I am having a hard time , tried to create a signature. I thought it would auto fill on any post it included all my info?
  19. woodwrkinnut

Flame Angel health?

My Flame Angel was my first fish approx. 14 weeks ago. He has been hiding out alot lately. Tonite I found him in the back of the tank bumping into things, like the glass!! He finally found his way to the front of the tank after bumping off of several snails and rocks. I am not sure what is up...
  20. woodwrkinnut

Live Sand or Crushed coral?

I currently have a flame angel and a Coral Beauty. I would like to ad one to two more fish. I would like to add a starfish and some cleaner shrimp. I am thinking more along the lines of a fowlr tank, probably no live coral, as I don't think that the Angels will behave with live coral...