Search results

1. reefsurf

big move and upgrade!

look down mangroves finally breaking loose! Thanks for viewing reefers! lance
  2. reefsurf

big move and upgrade!

thanks everyone! so here's a pic update......the latest resident is a nice cbb from vets pets. this guy got an ass kicking for 3 days as the yellow tang took him out to the tool shed to establish his dominance. aside from the normal occasional reminder from the yellow that it's his tank things...
  3. reefsurf

Tiny white starfish

asteria star and they multiply quickly...no real harm though to your tank other than shear numbers of glass n rock dwellers...if u want to rid your tank of them then harlequin shrimp will eat them. but, when the harleys run out of stars you'll have to provide food or they'll die
  4. reefsurf

Lynn's 90 gallons of Sunshine

you know what time it is lynn? picture time! comon chop chop! ;)
  5. reefsurf

big move and upgrade!

a couple new pics to share including an awesome new finger coral acquired from pk yesterday. the tank's going through some algae issues and nitrogen sand bed bubbles and a couple lps receding. the trachy is showing skeleton but as it might be due to rubbing against lr for a week. new sinalaria...
  6. reefsurf

Best food there is bar none.

feeding times now becomes....one for you, two for me! should i soak them in soy sauce too? :)
  7. reefsurf

big move and upgrade!

thanks adam...yeah it's my favorite coral
  8. reefsurf

big move and upgrade!

picked up a NEW fish last night. i really like these wrasses. they have a ton of personality and they're really friendly. i lost the last one to tank velvet outbreak temp. acclimation for mr maori wrasse! check out the nice dorsal spot and coloration already the yellow tang had it's...
  9. reefsurf

crazy watermelon growth!

all good points guys and i think you're right. however look at the growth from last year's rap show when i bought it. it had a single eye and now has 7 or so and almost covers the entire disc...good stuff. this echinophillia is growing as fast as anything in my tank and in many cases faster than...
  10. reefsurf

crazy watermelon growth!

haha thanks all......i've come to learn through my local boards that that is just the chalice puffing up or extending itself. non the less it's never reached the outer edge before and the growth since last year at buying it at rap is pretty remarkable. btw i wont be rich with this chalice...
  11. reefsurf

crazy watermelon growth!

after looking at my watermelon chalice today it appeared to have noticeably grown from just the last 2 days. i wasn't sure if i was seeing what i wanted to see so i got my camera out. 2 days ago i took pictures and updated my build thread so i had a recent picture to make a comparison. just now...
  12. reefsurf

big move and upgrade!

after looking at my watermelon chalice today it appeared to have noticeably grown from just the last 2 days. i wasn't sure if i was seeing what i wanted to see so i got my camera out. 2 days ago i took pictures and updated my build thread so i had a recent picture to make a comparison. just now...
  13. reefsurf

big move and upgrade!

thanks lynn! i'm going to be trading my sps for lps or softies.....changing it up a bit
  14. reefsurf

big move and upgrade!

well it's been 2 weeks since my remaining fish have been in the hospital tank. i figure i'll go 2 more weeks....all fish are looking better now
  15. reefsurf

big move and upgrade!

yeah loved that achilles! i'm not sure how the disease was introduced. the achilles was the most recent addition but came established from a healthy tank. there's been on/off bouts with ich though.....any ideas?also, no certain diagnosis of what the disease was. but it was deadly and ugly
  16. reefsurf

big move and upgrade!

as of now, no more deaths but fish are looking ehhh so so my dt also had flatworms that i've treated with some success but i know those suckers multiply fast
  17. reefsurf

big move and upgrade!

thanks zack.....it'll all work out!
  18. reefsurf

big move and upgrade!

well the lastest news with this reef is i've lost about half of my fish to velvet or brooke. i'm not sure which. the prized achilles tang, maori wrasse, all but 1 anthias, swallowtail angel, kole tang have all died...my nice percs are still alive but not eating. in fact all remaining fish re in...
  19. reefsurf

Shallow,Rimless,Planted

great idea....so get started! chop chop!
  20. reefsurf

Lynn and Frank's saltwater adventure.

awesome awesome awesome...tons of cool corals! slow down dude! lol