Search results

1. rDr4g0n

FOR SALE! Overflow box, DIY protein skimmer & air pump

ok guys, i recently downsized my 30 / 10 /10 down to just 2 10 gallon tanks. SOOOO im getting rid of a lot of my stuff!!! I am willing to trade all of these items for a Metal Halide ballast and bulb (you pay for shipping of course)! I will calculate shipping if you can gimme a zip code or...
  2. rDr4g0n

am i back from the DEAD!?

Guys its ok, im not a ghost. FRET NOT!!! Soooo hows everyone!? Good? Good. I just wanted to drop by and say helloooo. My tank has been about the same as last time I posted, but recently I made some changes and I figured I'd share em. Remember that tall 10 gallon I modified? (no? check here...
  3. rDr4g0n

question about feeding my new open brain

i gots me a pretty lil trachyphillia a week ago. hes acclimated quite well and extends to a nice sized blob of flourescent pinkish reddish orangish. overall id say its health is just fine. the only thing is that at night it does not extend its feeding polyps. i was planning to feed it shrimp...
  4. rDr4g0n

a few thingies i got from the ocean last weekend

so i went to the beach last weekend. i didnt take a camera because i wanted to collect and observe, and wrestling with a camera, and keeping it dry is just too much work. so it was low tide, which is good because many of the rocks that are usually covered are exposed. the rocks on the jetti...
  5. rDr4g0n

My clown is hosting in a feather duster!!

i looked into my tank tonight, and noticed my clown (false perc) laying down in my feather duster.... just thought it was pretty hilarious. i couldnt get a pic of it, but i will try to get one in the future. isnt that awesome!?!!??!!1
  6. rDr4g0n

i gots me a new mushroom coral

i havent posted in a while, so hi again everyone! im still alive!! so i found this cute little polyp all alone at the LFS. i got it for $5. its the reddish one with bright blue spots.
  7. rDr4g0n

ok, algae is eating my goat.

well not my literal goat, but if i was in possesion of a goat, it would be being eaten by algae. point is, i gots an algael problem. the stuff grows like crazy on my sandbed. flourescent green, brown, and even patches of the thick red crap. its starting to grow on my LR too. what i thought...
  8. rDr4g0n

am i the only one who watches finding nemo and tries to identify all teh corals?

am i the only one who watches finding nemo and tries to identify all teh corals? just wondering...
  9. rDr4g0n

LFS is going to sell me some half dead hammer coral...

for like $10... just wondering what would be the best method of healing it up? its a wall hammer, there are about 12 tentacles that are still alive, some of the wall is bleached, the rest has color but no tentacles... what would be the best way to treat it in hopes of it surviving? or is it...
  10. rDr4g0n

i gots bubbles on top of my sandbed?

just wondering if anyone knows why i have bubbles in my sandbed. there doesnt seem to be any algae around them... so i dunno what could be makin them? theyre very clearly air bubbles (not like velonia bubbles or anything)
  11. rDr4g0n

My NEW DIY hood

welp its not built YET, but i will be building it tomorrow. I was planning on having the metal portion of the hood fabricated out of stainless steel, but taht hasnt worked out yet. since im impatient, i found an alternative. at walmart i found an $8 shop light. its a 48inch flourescent light...
  12. rDr4g0n

Is my cardinal pregnant?

i was just talking bout how weird my bangaii cardinals have been acting and now the larger one's mouth is... sorta... big. He didnt eat anythign today, and he has a really weirdly shaped expression on his face. His jaw appears bloated, like his mouth and gills are being stretched to their...
  13. rDr4g0n

OT: a day at my job

14. rDr4g0n

Bangaii Cardinal behavior

ok i have 2 bangaiis ( Pterapogon kauderni ) and 1 pajama cardinal. I want to discuss the behavior ive seen. They, of course, have a hierchy. There is the larger bangaii as the king, followed by the smaller bangaii and finally the smaller pajama. the hiercy is more prominant during...
  15. rDr4g0n

a mockup of my scaping

so ya i wanted to do some more dramatic aquascaping. so i took a pic into photoshop and did what i do. lol ok lets see... on the right and left sides you can see that i added sort of live rock columns. i will use pvc and zip ties to (hopefully) create these gravity defying live rock...
  16. rDr4g0n

fortune smiled upon me today.

i ate like 2 pizzas yesterday. i woke this morning feeling horrible. i went to work anyway. i left work after a painful hour. i got home and slept. a weird sound woke me up. a weird AQUARIUM sound. i looked into the tank to see my supply pipe blowing bubbles. the sump pump was sucking in air...
  17. rDr4g0n

a DIY hood to go with my DIY tall tank.

in case you arent familiar with my DIY 10 gallon tall tank its here. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/diy/17429-crazy-mans-aquarium-mod.html the tank needed a hood. actually it didnt need one, but i needed to make a hood. the hood needed to have space in the back for the supply pipe and...
  18. rDr4g0n

what the devil are these red balloons?!

grape caulerpa? or something SINISTER?!!?!? you decide.
  19. rDr4g0n

RIP Mr. Lionfish...

well he finally died :( heres his eulogy... Mr lionfish was a delightful little carnivore. he was introduced to my tank with his friend, Mr. Lionfish 2. Mr. Lionfish 2 died for no appearant reason about a week after his introduction, leaving Mr. Lionfish all alone. a month or two...
  20. rDr4g0n

tons of goodies ebay store

i bought my overflow box from these guys and it works just fine. i was searching for 96watt powercompact bulbs for the used ballast i got off ebay for $21 shipped (woot!), and i ran across their store again... seems they have lots of good stuff at low prices. eBay Store - Tons Of Goodies...