Search results

1. W

Help!!!

All done... schew... I think everyone is ok. The corals have come back out and the fish are swimming. Not sure if they got a shock or not though. What heaters do you guys use? Not sure I am going to use a marineland anymore.
  2. W

Help!!!

My tank is a 180 with about 50 gallon sump.
  3. W

Help!!!

My heater Marineland 350 just blew up. I happen to be there when it happened but I am not sure what it let into the water. I shut down the entire system. The room smells something awful. What do I do. I removed the heater. Is the water OK or do I need to replace some/all? I have coral...
  4. W

Reef Tank and A Goby

BTW, my mandrin is fat and sassy. Although she/he is upset with my latest move to a 180. She was quite happy in the 90.
  5. W

Reef Tank and A Goby

Yep both good questions, vdituri. Mandrins need pods, pods need places like rock rubble where fish cannot get(sump) to reproduce and thrive. I have never had to buy pods but have thought about it many times. especially when I move the tank to another tank. Once the tank has been setup(6 months...
  6. W

free stuff

I live just north of Richmond and would take them but it is quite a drive. You coming up this way anytime soon? I can meet you. We can wait until you are ready if you want.
  7. W

Moving Fish

I was very tired. We are recovering now and the tanks are doing well. The bad part is I have to wait a while now to upgrade the tank. The good part is I have a basement now and plan on expanding my tank collection. Overall the process was tiring but it was not as bad as I thought. I almost...
  8. W

Moving Fish

Well the move went well. It was a long night, day, night. Almost a full 24 hour process. We went to HD and got locking top heavy duty containers for tools and such. About 10$ a piece, we got 4. We put the fish in each container with about 5-10 gallons of water. Put the LR in the cooler with...
  9. W

Moving Fish

I saw your thread on the swallowtail. We have one too. Sorry to hear about her. I hope the same does not happen on this move.
  10. W

Moving Fish

Thanks for you help.
  11. W

Moving Fish

no doubt on that. I have a 180 that will be part of the move and hopefully be able to set it up rather than the 90. We will see on that though. The movers are taking the 180 in a crate. So here is what I am thinking. Drain tank 1/2 and fill my containers. Pull all live rock and put in...
  12. W

Moving Fish

Yea or get a RO/DI unit installed in the well system of the new house. Which is most likely what I will do, along with carry 100+ gallons with me in 5 gallon containers. I have a cargo trailer so the space is not an issue but the shifting is. I will have to work something out there as well.
  13. W

Moving Fish

I agree, this is a tough move and more to it than I originally thought. I checked on RO/DI where I am going and found it to be 4-5 times what I pay in charlotte NC. I was amazed. Looks like I am going to have to take extra with me to get it setup quickly.
  14. W

Moving Fish

All in all there is probably 110 gallons
  15. W

Moving Fish

The sandbed is about 1-2". So you suggest just leaving it in the tank and not taking it out? I was going to take it out and have it like the LR.
  16. W

Moving Fish

I thought I would take all water with me, and use old water and new water mixed to restart the tank. Thanks for the info, it is helping. The bags make sense. I think the live rock will be in trash cans with water to the level of the rock. I was going to put all the fish in the cooler...
  17. W

Moving Fish

1 Large Vlamingi 1 Large Sailfin 2 pajamas 1 mandrin 1 swallow-tail angel 3 shrimp hermits snails No coral 100+ lbs of LR It is a 7 hour Drive to where I am going but I am not sure I can do the setup until the next day. The will have power after the trip but they may have to stay...
  18. W

Moving Fish

Does anyone know a good way to break down a tank and move it? It will be on the road for 7 hours and probably an overnight stay.
  19. W

Starfish help

How long have you had it? 6 Months + What are your water parameters. PH 8 Nitrate 20 What other livestock do you have in the tank? Blood Shrimp, Skunk Cleaner, Vlamingi Tang, Sailfin Tang, Pair of pajama Cardnals, hermits, snails, lawnmower Hope this answers the questions
  20. W

Starfish help

I posted the picture small but it shows the legs tearing apart.