Search results

1. birdman204

Good morning, RS

What's a cone? Don't they come in pairs? I though Ken was a guy?
  2. birdman204

New Salinity Stds

Way to go Mr. Wizard. If you wanna be technical, take it to an advanced forum. I am guaging by what people say here that most are from cold climates. In the garage ( where most get approval from spouses to do their water mixing ) , the temps can reach 50 and below correct. So therefore it...
  3. birdman204

New Salinity Stds

You are correct, but the sugar issue may be a "whole different issue", but it still demonstrates a point. For you to say that this doesn't matter.... temp doesn't matter on what rate an inorganic solid dissolves into a liquid, is not 100% correct. Yes your salt may be mixing at the right...
  4. birdman204

New Salinity Stds

Sure. I am not referring to the salinity reading temps though, I am talking about water used for mixing temps. I am meaning to relay the ability of certain compounds to dissolve in water of different temperatures.... The same amount of salt in different temp. waters will give 2 different...
  5. birdman204

New Salinity Stds

This is one part of the equation only brought up once, and probably has a LARGE factor into actual readings. Temperature has a LOT to do with the rates of solution for these substances. A CONSISTENT temperature will ensure consistent mixes, if your temps are off.... Your final Values are...
  6. birdman204

my boyfriend's tank

3rd picture... *rightclick* set as desktop background..... Wit, this is a family site....:invisible
  7. birdman204

Dingo's 9 month update

*click-click * Really nice tank and pics. How long is your exposure. It looks like the pumps are running. If you kill them as well, you can expose the shot for 1 - 2 seconds for some deep color. Just another suggestion. Docs the man tho. I need to get some tips from him.
  8. birdman204

The 10 Gallon Nano 4-23-04

Sorry you had something die. Even with established sand and rock, I would slow down on the animal additions. You may run into a bout of hair algae soon.
  9. birdman204

I Love Reef Sanctuary!!

Amazing... Spring is blooming with love here at RS.
  10. birdman204

Byssus thread...

Caja, sorry bout those greens. Yeah, when I sent them , like I said, light deprived. Oh well. You tried. When I send him the package... There should be goodies galore. p.s. got my 1st small prop tank! 4 SQ feet of growin' power !
  11. birdman204

*~*-->DOW: Nano Tanks!! <--*~*

I think I have one more shot, I just like how this one is all balancing on the orange digi tip.... Sexy shrimp are AWESOME nano inverts.... Nano-reef.com really is a good source for nano info, They are a little more 'laxed on the playfulness so you can have a little fun while you are...
  12. birdman204

Still in the bag. Had to share

Frag it, send some my way :D
  13. birdman204

*~*-->DOW: Nano Tanks!! <--*~*

Tank specs: http://www.nano-reef.com/featured/index.php?tank=4 70MH , 32 W act. 385 GPH closed loop w/ scwd, plus CPR HOB fuge. All Kalk auto top off with switch in fuge. Most current picture A few cool inhabs and new photos.... Alpheus Randalli I love my...
  14. birdman204

Byssus thread...

Bien Y tu? Come esta los zoanthid verdes? Si se muertes? Just working on getting some stock tank / prop tanks together ;) I'll be sendin' Mr.M some goodies soon, I don't suppose you and Craig would head up there to pick up some stuff? That is if he'll share...
  15. birdman204

Byssus thread...

No Freaking,...... Way.... Caja !!!! Hello there!
  16. birdman204

Business Ethics Fish/coral Issues

*Begin Rant* The thing that irks me the most regarding this topic is that the aquarium industry is a LAUGHABLE portion of the raping of the oceans ( and we aren't even raping, we are preserving these animals, not eating them or using their skeletons as a pretty decoration on a shelf {well ...
  17. birdman204

Byssus thread...

Yeah I figure, next time someone does a search, sees this thread, saves some bandwith :D
  18. birdman204

Business Ethics Fish/coral Issues

the first book in the modern coral reef series has a long preface with NUMEROUS good points. It would almost be worth buying the book, just to have those arguments for reefing, and the NUMEROUS other ways that reefs are being raped and pillaged, as reference for your paper.
  19. birdman204

Byssus thread...

Update... 55 days later... the clam has long since attached again. Just thought I'd let you all know it wasn't anything to worry about.
  20. birdman204

He shoots... he scores!!!

So excited you can't even wait to post till they show up . Too funny.