Search results

1. C

there's fungus among us. bleh!

I noticed about 3 weeks ago that some of the zoos in my 2.5 where not opening fully, and over the course of the past few weeks they have been slowly dying off on this one particular colony and it is now happening with the adjoining colony. both colonies were very healthy and growing like mad...
  2. C

not so nano

I finally have everything transferred into my 30 cube. spent about 5 hours yesterday aquascaping and acclimating the corals and inhabs from my 7.5 gal tank and my 7 gal minibow. specs: 30 gal Oceanic cube and stand custom built canopy (thank you to my dh - he rocks) 250 watt 15K MH prizm...
  3. C

cool place to hang out

I thought this was cool. my neon goby decided to perch on the turbo snail after the halides went off. actinic and flash shot.
  4. C

I finally caught him!

this is Osama bin Goby, named because he has built himself a network of tunnels throughout the nano and rarely ventures out. (my kids named him) caught him on one of his forays into the open water. hehe
  5. C

You're swell!

here's your chance to tell the person who posted above you how much you appreciate them. since I posted first, I can't really say much other than I love you all. this site rocks. next?
  6. C

The Cereal Thread

Rather than post a poll I decided to just ask what kind of cereal everyone likes. I myself usually don't have time for breakfast. most mornings it's a mocha cappuccino or a glass of OJ, but occasionally I'll eat a bowl of cereal. My absolute favorite is Captain Crunch Peanut Butter...
  7. C

FS 36 watt PC JBJ Clamp-On Lamp

Brand new, never used 36 watt PC JBJ Clamp-On Lamp with an extra bulb. Asking $60, you pay shipping.
  8. C

Really bad hair day

My astrea has been working on his 'do for quite a few weeks now. I think it's rather cool, so I'll let him keep on sporting his long hair.
  9. C

tank number 4

This little 2.5 has been cycling with a chunk of LR and some southdown for several weeks and my 2x13 watt PC's arrived from hellolights yesterday so I thought I'd start transferring stuff out of my minibow and 7.5 to fill it. I added a few more things this morning, so some of the zoos are still...
  10. C

Murky water

I set up my 30 gallon Oceanic cube about 10 days ago, 2" southdown sand bed, some arag-alive, about 25 pounds of partially cured LR, 1 maxijet PH and an AC 150. I have a prizm skimmer on the way and I will add another maxijet and set them on a wavetimer for more current in the tank. MH on the...
  11. C

Night RS

As requested the good night thread has been posted early. I'm sure tho, that Gina will be up watching Richard run around naked on Survivor, don't fall asleep on the couch before you post your good night Gina! My day sucked. Tomorrow has got to be better. I think I'll rise and shine and make...
  12. C

Good Night RS!!

I thought that since Gina had such a spectacular idea with her good morning thread that I would follow suit with a good night thread. Here's where we will post our good nights and what we've done during the day that is worth sharing. I'll start. Good night RS and sleep well. pleasant...
  13. C

Do you like them big or do you prefer something smaller?

Everyone has their personal preference when it comes to size, so let's hear it. Do you like them big or small, wide or narrow, long or short? Personally I prefer the larger, wider ones ones. I have had the small ones, and have decided that I want something bigger. Bigger is definately better.
  14. C

Hi everyone

Tagging along with my boys from NR. This oughta be good. I promise we will try our best to behave. I currently have 2 nano tanks. One is a 7 gal minibow, switched into that from the 6 gal Eclipse I had previously been running. sometime over the summer and just aquired Crakeur's old 70 MH hood...