Search results

1. W

Red Sea max 130

Lol sorry about duplicate post, trying to edit post with tapatalk Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  2. W

Red Sea max 130

Hey Dnwolf, you have a couple options with the return pumps. In the red sea max forum on here there is a link to get a free upgraded return pump from rsm. Alternatively, inTank has an upgraded pump kit you can purchase. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  3. W

Red Sea max 130

Hey Dnwolf, you have a couple options worth the return pumps. In the red sea max forum on here there is a link to get a free upgraded return pump from rsm. Alternatively, inTank has an upgraded pump kit you can purchase. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  4. W

New RSM 130D owner and a new member to this forum

Hi Matt, you should look into the media rack from intank.com. I tossed the biorings and the black sponge. I use filter pad on top shelf of media rack which gets replaced every couple days. On the top of this forum there should be a thread about replacement circulation pump offered free by RSM...
  5. W

RSM 130 Hoodless Mod

Thanks what I was looking for, thanks!
  6. W

RSM 130 Hoodless Mod

Hello, I know I've read about mods to go hoodless on the 130. I've been searching the forums and Google but haven't had any luck. Does anyone have info on going hoodless? Specifically mods that cover up the back part so the tank is aesthetically pleasing. Thanks! Sent from my Nexus 4 using...
  7. W

2nd Hand Red Sea Max 130D or 250 (What to look out for)

Why don't you look on craigslist or your local reef message boards for people selling aquariums? You may not find many rsms but people sell entire set ups and sometimes at really nice prices Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
  8. W

Rsm130d chiller setup

I drop my down into the chamber of death Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
  9. W

Red Sea Max 130/D Pump Upgrade Kit Flow Question/Observation

Yeah that bend and the longer hose will cut down the force, but its better than the water level dropping a little and having bubbles in the tank. Thanks for the replies!
  10. W

Skimmer question in 130

Thanks everyone for replying. I may try the hole in the collection cup lid dianakay: I really dont remember how the stock skimmer worked. The media rack/skimmer upgrade was one of the first things I did after getting the tank. nanoreefing4fun: thanks for the link to the tunze post...
  11. W

Skimmer question in 130

Ive had the tank running for over a year, I should also mention Im running the tunze skimmer. Ill go to the lfs and see the skimmers full of foam but this one never has done that. Im thinking its because my bioload is light and Im diligent about water changes. Im thinking why bother running if...
  12. W

Skimmer question in 130

Hello, I run a 130 upgraded with the media rack (filter floss, purigen, cpe). I have three smaller fish, two clowns and a six line wrasse. I also do a 10 gallon water change weekly. My skimmer foams but never enough really to warrant cleaning the skimmer cup. With the the regular maintenance...
  13. W

Red Sea Max 130/D Pump Upgrade Kit Flow Question/Observation

Hello, I have installed the upgrade kit in my RSM but the churn in the water seems to be decreased from the stock pumps. The eheim pumps were both set to max output. Has anyone else noticed this? Does extra flow not necessarily mean more water disturbance? I was almost expecting to see things...