Search results

1. C

How long do you run MH a day?

Does anyone leave there metal halide more than 12hrs a day?
  2. C

Help me choose the best bulb

I have a 175w oddysea Mh lamp, From what I've read it is really a 150w bulb overdriven. I want to get the brightest hqi 150w bulb that is inbetween 12000k and 15000k Anyone have any suggestion?
  3. C

Where I can get the new magnectic holders 4 maxijets pumps online

Where I can get the new magnectic holders 4 maxijets pumps online I saw them somewhere but can't remember where
  4. C

Curing live rock. Help me out please

I bought some uncured live rock online from livestockusa.com I setup my tank two days ago on the 4th and added all the live rock in the tank yesterday. When I got it, it I rinsed the rock real good in another tub, that got really nasty looking So yesterday I tranferred the rock in the tub into...
  5. C

How to cure uncured live rock

I have a 50lb box of live rock that is coming in from LAX, I ordered it through liverockusa.com I have heard of a lot of ways to cure the rock, but it seems like everybody has there own way of doing it. If anyone has a link to a website on curing rock please let me know. I plan on...
  6. C

anyone heard of talkingreef.com

sorry for the double post
  7. C

8. C

Help me put together a 24g Aquapod SPS tank

I need some input on how I should set up my new SPS tank and how to maintain it and have thriving SPS in it. O.K. I got a 24g Aquapod nano tank I really like this tank and plan on having it setup for years. I have done some research on keeping SPS, and I feel comfortable about my knowledge...
  9. C

Need advice on setting up 75g reef on tile in my Kitchen

I am wanting to set up a 80g tank in my Kitchen on tile that is 1 foot square each. The person that laid the tile said I wouldn't be able to set up a aquarium on the tile because it would crack. What do you think? the stand is 48" X 19". I am thinking that once the stand, aquarium, live...
  10. C

help me choose what's best please help

I am going to start a new SPS only tank with the amount of $$$ I have. I will be getting the new tank in about 2-3 months. I have my mind set on the 24g aquapod with HQI 150w MH. I was wondering if I will need a calcium reactor for the tank once I have a good amount of SPS? I read that I need...