Search results

1. B

Reefer series covers/tops

I've done tons of searching for Reefer covers and rimless tank covers in general. Seen the plastic clips, the rest on top method, acrylic jump guards, pretty much everything. I searched on here and another forum and found nothing from Reefer owners on this particular topic. I know some people...
  2. B

White fuzz/hair on dry rock

Picked up some dry rock from a local forum member. I thoughts one of it appeared to have some salt crystals on it. Upon further inspection, some rocks have this white crystalline hair or fuzz on them. Rock is completely dry. I saw some posts about stuff that looks sort of similar on live rock...
  3. B

Timmons Reefer 525 Build

So I'm happy to be getting back into action. Had to get rid of the S-650 due to personal reasons. About to have a Reefer XL 525 on the way. Trying to nail down the specifics as far as what equipment and rock/sand I will be using. So far I'm thinking: 3 Radion Xr15 with the wide angle lens...
  4. B

New skimmer for RSM S650

I am wanting to replace my C-Skim1800. I have been checking different models for compatibility with my stock sump. Just looking for opinions and trying to find out what others have used. As much as I would like to, I just don't have time to skim everybody's threads and look for skimmer...
  5. B

Bed in a box foam mattress

Anybody have or tried one of these?
  6. B

JBJ 1/3 titanium chiller

I have one of these NIB. The warranty is probably no more good. I've had it for approx 18 months and never unpacked it. Considering all offers. Hate to see it go to waste
  7. B

JBJ 1/3HP Titanium Chiller - NIB

Purchased in February. Never been out of the box. Converting to LED lights and won't need it. Will match lowest internet price. PM me Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. B

Cabinet scratches

Does anybody have any tips for scratches or dings to the painted cabinets on the S-Series? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. B

Ich question

Does ich present with no signs other than a few spots? I have a Kole Tang who has had a few spots for 2 weeks. The spots have moved and are not in the same locations as the original spots. However they have not multiplied exponentially, I've seen no flashing, and there is no labored breathing...
  10. B

Timmons' S650

Really excited, our new tank was delivered yesterday. Time's been scarce but my dad came over today and we worked on it for a few hours. Pretty straightforward assembly; though I despise stainless steel screws. A necessary evil around moisture unfortunately, oh well. I have my first dilemma and...
  11. B

Spectrapure Maxcap RO/DI help

I have the 180gpd system and everything is hooked up properly. System is less than 1 month old and has produced approximately 100 gallons. From day one it has never produced 0 TDS water according to the dual in-line TDS meters. I have no handheld to double check these by yet. According to these...
  12. B

Our new 650

Hopefully our 650 will be in this week, can't friggin' wait! I've been prepping in anticipation. Reinforced our floor joists in the living room. I have 130 pounds of pukani dry rock from BRS cooking in a 44g brute can. Talk about smelly, ooh wee! Might need a little more rock but I will probably...
  13. B

Greetings Reefers!

My name is Brad and I joined Reef Sanctuary to share in the vast amount of knowledge acquired by all of you fellow reefers! I currently maintain a 24g Cardiff I bought third-hand from LFS about 6 months ago. Have 2 true percs and a blue damsel in there along with some GSP, red skirt zooanthids...