Search results

1. A

My new old 30 cube!

Right now the canopy is open on the top and two fans flow straight down. I switched them to blow up to pull air out and it got hotter. My thought is to close some of the top and get a pressure fan vs the of fans. I would be able to move a little more air and control the circulation better. Since...
  2. A

Ammonia issues... Maybe

I don't really have a reason. I just read a lot of posts that say "your ammonia is .25 you need to get it down ASAP!" and I'm sittin looking at test results with little confidence that I can even tell the difference between the two lol. I didn't have much of a cycle because I started with...
  3. A

Ammonia issues... Maybe

In my weekly tests I never can figure out if my ammonia is really zero or .25. I found another thread with similar problems with the API test but what it boils down to is, it depends on where i am standing and the viewing angle. I don't think its .25, but I have doubts that's it's zero. I've...
  4. A

Calcium and alkalinity Control

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "getting away from the 2 part"? Are you planning just using 1 part of the combo or using a separate product altogether? Im fixing to get serious about it as well. I just ordered kits as I have been blindly dosing b-ionic for the past couple months.
  5. A

My new old 30 cube!

Thanks! The heat is a possible issue. It swings 4-5 degrees and the highest I have seen is 81. The top is still open and I have 2 pc fans laid above the MH directed down. My plan is to enclose the top and back so I can control the air current better. I'm not worried about the temp under...
  6. A

Reef Santuary Noob!

Just posted some details about my build up to its current state in reef chronicles. Take a look. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/82757-my-new-old-30-cube.html
  7. A

B-ionic minimun dose OK?

Lol that's why I finally decided to join this forum! I'm not new to the hobby, just new to this level of detail for sps so I'm familiar with the LFS tactics. I will say though, a couple of our stores pretty nice and are primarily SW/reef and most if not all of the employees are active in the...
  8. A

My new old 30 cube!

I’m new to this forum as you can tell from my lack of posts. My tank is up and running so this might not be as much fun as documenting it from the beginning but here’s some of the major milestones throughout the build in case you are interested. I feel like my tank is a larger scale “nano”...
  9. A

B-ionic minimun dose OK?

i'm with ya. kh/alk, calcium, and magnesium kits will be on order. I almost ordered the calc and kh kits yesterday in a marine depot order i was placing. While searching to understand the relationship between the two, and figuring out which brand of kit to order, i got a little frustrated with...
  10. A

Killing apstasia

I've been using aptasia x successfully. they key is to be on the offense and stay on top of them. I'm beginning to wonder if they will every be gone completely but i'm winning the war. shut your flow off and get what you can in one sitting and repeat every week or two. let it sit on them for 10...
  11. A

Reef Santuary Noob!

good thing I tested it! Thanks!
  12. A

Reef Santuary Noob!

Cool, i'll go start a new thread in reef chronicles, here's my tank/photobucket test :) http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s577/aquaphile/30cubeBuild146_zpsf73ed9b8.jpg
  13. A

Hello

congrats on the new tank and for becoming a "reefer". good luck!
  14. A

Hello

welcome to reef sanctuary, I'm also a reformed lurker!
  15. A

B-ionic minimun dose OK?

I've been dosing B-ionic at the minimum/slightly higher for a couple months now. This is first time i've tried a two part dosing system and I'm only using Bionic because it was recommended by the LFS while i was searching for the buffer that i used to use in my previous set up about 5 years ago...
  16. A

Reef Santuary Noob!

Thanks! am i correct that its not possible to post a picture until 5 posts or am i missing something? :hammerhea
  17. A

Reef Santuary Noob!

Hello all, I'm not new to the hobby but new to the forum. I havent had a tank set up for the past 5 years because I had a total loss crash, moved etc and never set it back up. This summer I got the bug again and started planning to rebuild by cube. I started this around september and its been...