Search results

1. H

Reef Chronicles - Hayoto's RSM250 Build

I tested it three times to make sure. I'm not dosing the water with anything. And I'm using Reef Crystals. I also forgot to mention when I posted it, I have this Brown, hair like algea growing in my tank that nothing will get rid of. I have my lights only on for 6 hours out of the day. It used...
  2. H

Hey Guys! Just thought I would give an update. I'm still alive, and so are my fish! I did a water test, and everything looked ok - Would like your thoughts (I'm a little concerned with my Calcium, as it came in at 500+) Also attached below are pictures :) Salinity: 1.25 Nitrate: 5.0...
  3. H

I've heard good things about red sea as well. Whats your calcium come in at? I have a hammer head thats spawning its fourth head, that I would soon like to frag out and place a frag in my RedSea (Currently in my nano). Side note: The Skimmer that comes with the RSM250. Is there an easier way...
  4. H

UPDATE: My LFS didn't have the R0 Kit I wanted - so they placed an order for it, as well as ordered my test kit, phosphate kit, and Refractormeter, for now I'm stuck with my hydrometer. I haven't made a decision on which salt to buy. Any recommendations? I was told at the LFS that reef crystals...
  5. H

Parisian's RSM 400

I love how its coming a long. Good choice on getting it in white. I wish I knew about the S series, before I got my 250. But oh well. Time and experience will always grand me an upgrade :)
  6. H

Cloudy / Fogy water after changed chemi-pure and Purigen?

I just swapped out my media yesterday for the CPE, (Don't have the mesh yet for the PuriGen) My water got cloudy for the first couple of hours, but then cleared right up. Side note - Are you only using one bag of the CPE? Are you running the 130D, or the 250?
  7. H

Wrangy's 50 Gallon Reef Cube

I'll be following this thread! Can't wait to see what all the planning will yield. More planned out than mine for sure!
  8. H

If you had never told me you didn't have your tank yet, I would have never known! Sounds like everything you've told me and shared has been from experience! I'm glad to know I'm on the right path. I may pick up an extra test kit or two, as I have some VERY small frags in my tank, of red, and...
  9. H

Cool - I have to pick up a new test kit tomorrow, and the phophates as well, since I need new ones any way. Side note - the CPE is working its magic already, water is noticeably clearer, even with my Sleeper Goby sifting away. Side note - I've been told my multiple locals; that if I have...
  10. H

You're not going to believe this! I found him! I don't know how, or why. But he got trapped in my Protein Skimmer :( When I went to clean out my sponges, and place my new CPE (My back for the purigen wasn't "Fine" enough, will have to order one tonight) - I decided to clean out my skimmer...
  11. H

Thanks again Plantman! I have no snail eating fish, as a result, I went to my local fish store and procured about 15 snails. A mix of bumble bee, Mexican Turbo, normal Turbo, and plain old snails. Also - thanks to some advice from Lipman, Wrangy, and Nano, I've also procured two containers...
  12. H

Back at it with the RSM250

What volumes of the CPE and of the Purigen for a 66 Gallon? The CPE says 2 containers, but doesn't specify if its the 10z or the 5oz bags. So the filter floss comes in a sheet which I can cut to my specifications? Thats good, I wasn't sure if I needed something special. can I use these...
  13. H

Ok - so a few more questions arise! (I love being fed information :) ) Anywho, I currently have the stock ones that came with it, as well as a carbon bag. I know what you mean about it floating up, its very annoying. The filter floss - I don't have one of those, nor is there anywhere local...
  14. H

Sorry guys, I was reading this. (BTW Lipman, nice tank setup!) But what purpose does the CPE, and Purigen serve, and what is "CPE" stand for? Also, i've seen that media rack online, and wondered what is for, is it more beneficial then just throwing stuff in? Lastly, is there a reason why some...
  15. H

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I have swapped out the lights, but I'm still having heavy Brown Algea Growth. I read online that poor lighting may cause it, and I thought iw as the case since the difference from my old lights to new ones were night and day. I already have a cleaner shrimp in...
  16. H

Thanks for the heads up plantman, I'll keep an eye on them. I did a test yesterday, and today and it came back at 0.0 yesterday and today. I'll work on getting the clown out - he's a bastard and has been evading me well. I guess I did get a little too caught up on the setup... hindsight is...
  17. H

UPDATE: I never knew Lights had such an IMMEDIATE effect. My Xenia is pulsating more already. My green star polyp frag came out more than ever, and even my Zoa's Came out more to bask in the light. Also - I feel bad; as I havr three true Percula Clowns, and after a day of doing the "Shakes"...
  18. H

The 8 gallon adventure

I like the little tank! I never knew that one existed, I will need to investigate :)
  19. H

█ █▀▀ A R C • L a g o o n ▀▀▀▀███ ► Nexodos Red Sea Max 250L

Wow - this is the most colorful RSM250 I think I've ever seen! How do you manage to keep up with all the dosing and supplements?
  20. H

ALS Red Sea 650

I didn't know Red Sea Mad other Tanks in their MAX Series! This is a great looking Tank! Good luck and keep the pics coming. How many Gallons was that?